|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Debut album Nude South out Nov 6th on Hearts & Plugs. First single "Farm Kid" available for free download now: http://soundcloud.com/heartsandplugs/elim-bolt-farm-kid
This was completed by Johnnie Matthews, singer & songsmith for Elim Bolt.
1. How did you get your band name?
The area I grew up in was called Elim, and I left.
2. How did this band get started?
Slow natural occurrences. I wrote some songs and slowly more friends got on board, some of which I've played with throughout my life.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Neil Young, Velvet Underground, Roy Orbison, Hank Williams Sr, Johnny Cash, Arcade Fire, Kurt Vile.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Stones in the heyday. Seems like a cool party.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
To be cool.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Oh man... um. Everything?
10. Memorable tour experience?
Seeing J Mascis at SXSW
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
The world. We're pretty serious.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Do Lord in E in a southern baptist preacher voice.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The mountains - Asheville area.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Beach boys. My mom loved Kenny G.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Being able to teen wolf would be cool.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am not wearing clothes right now.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
College radio possibly. Doesn't everyone just listen to Pandora and Spotify now, though?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Go to shows, party, recover.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can swallow swords.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author