Username
Password

11:35 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
He's going to free up Deron to be more like the Deron of Utah. I just have a good feeling about them. I probably overrated them, but I wanted to be BOLD!

I just think the East is weak, outside of Miami.

I see the Nets being a bottom rung East team... they remind me a lot of the Hawks in years past, overrated out of the gate and unable to get anything done in the playoffs. Plus, Brook Lopez is made of glass and will miss 30+ games for one reason or another. Throw in Joe Johnson's disappearing act in big games and suddenly they're relying on Chris Humphries and bam! you've got a 35-40 win season for the Deron's.

I would love to be wrong, actually - I'd love a Nets-Knicks playoff series.
11:35 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm shocked people think the Timberwolves will make it. They will be the worst team in the league while Love and Rubio are out.

Really the 8th seed in the West is up for grabs with Golden State, Dallas, and Minnesota all battling injuries
11:36 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Took the Knicks out of my top 8, they aren't making the playoffs

Did you make this move because you left out the Sixers? I was gonna quote you on that but then... didn't.
11:37 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I see the Nets being a bottom rung East team... they remind me a lot of the Hawks in years past, overrated out of the gate and unable to get anything done in the playoffs. Plus, Brook Lopez is made of glass and will miss 30+ games for one reason or another. Throw in Joe Johnson's disappearing act in big games and suddenly they're relying on Chris Humphries and bam! you've got a 35-40 win season for the Deron's.

I would love to be wrong, actually - I'd love a Nets-Knicks playoff series.

The Hawks weren't a bottom rung team - they were consistently between the 3 and 5 seeds.

I dunno why everyone thinks the Knicks are gonna be good - old injury prone and can't even play their 3 best players at the same time comfortably
11:38 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
Did you make this move because you left out the Sixers? I was gonna quote you on that but then... didn't.

Yeah I forgot the Sixers and I'm very sour on the Knicks
11:40 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
The Hawks weren't a bottom rung team - they were consistently between the 3 and 5 seeds.

I dunno why everyone thinks the Knicks are gonna be good - old injury prone and can't even play their 3 best players at the same time comfortably

I meant more in terms of their performance vs. expectations, overrated players, yaddi yaddi yadda.

I think I placed the Knicks in a reasonable spot - as a Knicks fan I think the potential is higher, but I'm realistic. All they need out of the old guys are 10-15 minutes a game, that's not too much to ask. Upgraded the bench at every position, upgraded at PG, overall I think they'll be solid. They can't take down Miami or Boston, but I don't think anyone else in the East can.
11:42 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I don't think they upgraded at PG at all, you guys are overrating Felton and Kidd so much. Amare won't even be a Knick at the end of season - which actually might make the team better. The best position for Amare on the Knicks is coming off the bench, but he won't do that and Melo is best at the 4. It's a mess.
11:46 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
The East has a lot of good/decent middle-tier teams that's making it hard to pick the bottom seeds - Toronto, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and New York all have decent shots to make the playoffs - it's a crapshoot like always.
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Definitely an upgrade at PG, I would rather play PG for the Knicks than have Jeremy Lin. You'll see when the season starts and Lin fades into obscurity by game three. He'll be the highest selling jersey in the league and an all star, all while averaging 8-10 PPG and 4 assists.

EDIT: responding to the post two up, obviously.
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Really the 8th seed in the West is up for grabs with Golden State, Dallas, and Minnesota all battling injuries
Eh, I think Phoenix will take it. They have a good team.
11:47 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
Eh, I think Phoenix will take it. They have a good team.
who is even on Phoenix? Beasley, Gortat, Dragic, and Dudley? Those their 4 best players? ugh I don't like that haha
11:47 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Yeah, Lin blows. The Knicks definitely upgraded at PG but a Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd combo is still garbage.
11:48 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
Definitely an upgrade at PG, I would rather play PG for the Knicks than have Jeremy Lin. You'll see when the season starts and Lin fades into obscurity by game three. He'll be the highest selling jersey in the league and an all star, all while averaging 8-10 PPG and 4 assists.

EDIT: responding to the post two up, obviously.
that's because he's a bad fit on Houston, he was a perfect fit for New York. I don't think Felton and Kidd are upgrades, if anything the Knicks didn't go up or down with PG, those two guys will combine to put up similar numbers that Lin did in NY.
11:48 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
who is even on Phoenix? Beasley, Gortat, Dragic, and Dudley? Those their 4 best players? ugh I don't like that haha
They got Scola, and they have Markieff Morris, Wes Johnson (eh) and Shannon Brown off the bench. They should be very good offensively but their defense will probably suck.
11:49 AM on 10/25/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
Even if the Knicks had Lin, I wouldn't put them in the playoffs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos