AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Green Day News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Green Day Cancel Upcoming Tour Dates, Move Tre! Release

Posted by - 08:10 AM on 10/29/12
Green Day have canceled their remaining 2012 tour dates and postponed their shows in January and February. New dates will be announced soon. To make up for it, the release of ¡Tré! has been moved up December 11th.
Press ReleaseGreen Day announced today they will cancel their club tour that was due to launch in Seattle at the Paramount Theatre on September 26th and wind down in Tempe, AZ at the Marquee Theatre on December 10th. Tickets for these clubs shows will be refunded at point of purchase. Additionally, Green Day will postpone all scheduled appearances for the months of January and February 2013. New dates for these rescheduled shows will be announced shortly and previously purchased tickets will be honored on the new dates.

“Obviously the timing for this isn’t ideal, but Billie Joe’s well-being is our main concern,” said Mike Dirnt. “We are happy to say that Billie Joe is doing well, and we want to thank you all for the outpouring of support and well wishes that we have received, and we can’t wait to see you all again soon.

Green Day also announced they would move up the release date of Green Day ¡Tré! to December 11, 2012 from its original date of January 15, 2013.

“We feel bad we have to delay our tour, so to make up for it we want to give our fans the music earlier than we had planned,” said Tré Cool. “If we couldn’t be there to play it for you live, the least we could do was give you the next best thing.”

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
08:11 AM on 10/29/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Bille Joe needs to get his life together and lay off the bottle.
08:15 AM on 10/29/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Moving the album up to December is very interesting. The label is shelving it because the band can't tour for it in an arena in January.
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
*lay off the coke
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Moving the album up to December is very interesting. The label is shelving it because the band can't tour for it in an arena in January.
Yeah pretty much
08:34 AM on 10/29/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
Sounds good to me... I'm still a Green Day fan even if I don't think their music has been as great as it once was.
08:39 AM on 10/29/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Nice, Tre moves UP! Bummer about the tour dates.
08:48 AM on 10/29/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Definitely an interesting decision. This whole thing seems to be going down at the worst possible time for these guys...

I'm starting to feel like the whole "release three albums over a five-month period" thing was just to keep the press coming for a solid 5-6 months, but it really seems to be blowing up in their face a bit.
08:49 AM on 10/29/12
t3hmilkman923
This is where you need to be.
User Info.
Bille Joe needs to get his life together and lay off the bottle.
Pretty sure that's what he's doing...
08:51 AM on 10/29/12
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, moving up the release date is definitely an odd decision. There really won't be any time to "digest" Dos! before the final installment now.

Really weird stuff. I held off on buying a ticket to the Portland show until I at least heard Dos! because I figure the show will be trilogy heavy and I was horribly disappointed with Uno!. Guess I'll have a little more time to decide now.
08:51 AM on 10/29/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Cool that they're putting them all in the same year, even if the reasons for doing so are unfortunate. Hope the next two albums are better than the first.
08:57 AM on 10/29/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Sounds good to me... I'm still a Green Day fan even if I don't think their music has been as great as it once was.
not at all, Their earlier stuff was great at the time now I could care less about what they put out.
08:59 AM on 10/29/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
Cool that they're putting them all in the same year, even if the reasons for doing so are unfortunate. Hope the next two albums are better than the first.
Agreed. And the dates don't affect me much, all I have to do is wait a little longer to see them. I'm okay with that.
09:01 AM on 10/29/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I declare I don't care no more
09:10 AM on 10/29/12
ilovesofie
was I good to you, wife of my youth
User Info.
Allright, three Green Day albums in four months, can't complain about that!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos