AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Dr. Acula Break Up

Posted by - 10:31 AM on 10/29/12
Dr. Acula have broken up.
StatementsBill Graffeo: "After almost 8 years the band named Dr.Acula will be put to rest. Being the only original member that was left, it is very sad for me to actually have to say this. Dr.Acula started off as a joke back in 2005. Over the years we kept our sense of humour and pissed off many people. I have nothing but love and respect for ALMOST everyone that's ever been a part of DA. Especially my brother Kevin who saved this band on many occasions. I had quit the band a little less than a month ago. I had some personal problems of my own holding me back from continuing with DA. Most importantly I could not handle the 'sketchy' things some people would do within the band itself. Casey, Oli and Chris will always be my dearest friends. Thank you to everyone that's ever given DA a listen, wether you liked it or not you were a part of this. Unlike some people, I never forgot the roots of this band and where our success came from."

Oli Miclett: "It's time for us to move on to new stuff. This band wasn't going in a direction that pleased everyone in DA. Some members kept cancelling tours for no valid reasons, without respect for the fans. With the departure of Bill and the cancellation of our European tour, Casey and I decided to part ways with the rest of the band to concentrate on a new band with a good friend of mine, Blake Moore (ex-Demolisher). We will announce the band and release stuff in January 2013."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40
10:35 AM on 10/29/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
10:37 AM on 10/29/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
John Dorian is bummed.
10:40 AM on 10/29/12
xtbs7645x
User Info.
This bands first album was a relatively fun listen.. but after that haha goooooodbye.
10:43 AM on 10/29/12
jordalsh
jordalsh.wordpress.com
User Info.
"Take that period, get it out of there, it'll spell 'DRACULA.'"

"That is an awesome ending!"

"thank you for telling me what I already know, Turk"
10:44 AM on 10/29/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
knowing some of them personally. they were pretty sketchy people. the direction the band took with the recent material was horrible. glad they called it a day. they should do a farewell show of only the early stuff at solid sound.
10:46 AM on 10/29/12
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
knowing some of them personally. they were pretty sketchy people. the direction the band took with the recent material was horrible. glad they called it a day. they should do a farewell show of only the early stuff at solid sound.
What do you mean by sketchy? Like just bad natured hooligans?
10:47 AM on 10/29/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
just selfish and pretty bitter about other bands success.
10:48 AM on 10/29/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.

Sketchy, as in good at creating pencil drawings. How did you not understand that?
10:51 AM on 10/29/12
brandon_260
User Info.
xP
10:51 AM on 10/29/12
COREhorizon
Scrote Season
User Info.
and nothing of value was lost
11:09 AM on 10/29/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
How will Victory ever recover from this one?
11:12 AM on 10/29/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
11:18 AM on 10/29/12
ttmessick
User Info.
I remember posting a comment on their facebook awhile back after I heard that they dropped two tours in a year. I suggested that maybe if they had spent less time filming the last Twilight movie they could find more time to tour. They did not think it was funny and sent me a hateful message in which they called me a "*** muffin". It made my day. RIP douche-nozzles!
11:18 AM on 10/29/12
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
Sketchy, as in good at creating pencil drawings. How did you not understand that?

You are right, I am a fool.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version