Password

11:39 AM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Promo

SynopsisRayna James (Connie Britton) is the established "Queen of Country" music. However, her latest album is not selling well and her tour is playing to half empty venues. Her record label suggests that she open for Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy best selling singer of bubble gum country. However, Juliette, seeing Rayna as washed up, purposefully alienates her and Rayna, who dislikes Juliette's style of music, rejects a joint tour out of hand. The two women come into conflict as both try to get guitarist Deacon Claybborne (Charles Esten), Rayna's bandmate and former lover, to sign onto their tour. Rayna's life is further complicated when her estranged father, millionaire businessman Lamar Wyatt (Powers Boothe), convinces her husband, Teddy Conrad (Eric Close), to run for Mayor of Nashville.

Anybody else watching what's arguably the best new drama this year?

Well-written, heartfelt, INCREDIBLE music (most of which written by John Paul White of the Civil Wars and T. Bone Burnett); there's only three episodes aired, so more than enough time to catch up.
03:10 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Dude, I've lived here for four years. The show is such an idiotic caricature of the way people in Nashville act (let alone the way the music business works here), its almost hard to watch.
Okay.
07:15 PM on 11/03/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
'Obviously supposed to be the Civil Wars'. Haha, come on, dude, are you even trying.
06:04 PM on 11/12/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Full season ordered. Stoked about it.
11:53 AM on 01/27/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Watching last week's episode right now, and man, the acting on this show is finally starting to become pretty good. Deacon's pre-title scene was fantastic.
05:58 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Just started watching this. Love it. I love everything with Connie Britton so I shouldn't have waited so long.
The acting is one of the few weak links in an otherwise incredibly enjoyable show, but even that improves quite quickly as the show progresses. Not sure how far along you are, but they're definitely churning out their best material yet in the most recent episodes.
07:38 PM on 03/10/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
The Old Yeller jokes in the latest episode were fantastic.
08:13 PM on 03/10/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Wow, the most recent episode was incredible. Very well plotted (albeit predictable) and acted, and quite heartbreaking in the second half.
08:16 PM on 03/10/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Wikipedia shows that the next episode isn't until March 27th. I wonder why such a long break
Most shows take a hearty break in March due to being all-new in February for sweeps.
09:31 PM on 05/01/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Wish there were more of us into the show, really enjoy every single episode. Connie Britton is adorable, her little kick towards Liam just now was so cute.
I really enjoy this show still, I just don't always watch it right away, and so I'll end up killing through two or 3 on a Sunday, and I forget to post in here.
12:44 PM on 05/16/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
So Deacon is Maddie's father , right? I mean, they haven't said it yet, but they're slapping us in the face with nods to it.

EDIT: Just watched yesterday's episode. Disregard this.
04:50 PM on 05/16/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
They mentioned it much earlier in the season.
Must've completely missed it whenever they planted that seed.
03:29 PM on 06/10/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Loved the first season. Definitely my favorite new show.

Only problem was with so much time going by I feel like we never got even a moment of happiness with the Gunner/Scarlet relationship, Gunner was a completely different person when they started dating and I couldn't stand how much of an asshole he was being to Scarlet constantly. And he's such a whiner. Went from one of my favorites to my least favorite, I probably like Avery more now, haha.

Poor Scarlet, I can't think of a more perfect person and she is just shit on by her boyfriends.
Yep, absolutely. Every with Jason just changed Gunner so, so much. We haven't gotten to see his redemption yet, so maybe that's what season 2 will explore. That's why I ended liking Avery more as well. He got what was coming to him and made the changes to become a less shitty person.
07:55 AM on 05/10/14 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Renewed for a 22-episode third season. Jeez. Out of all the renewals/cancellations, this is the biggest surprise to me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos