Password

01:22 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
Alright, so:

Booking/GM/Authority: If we can get enough PS3 users, like 3 or so, to do this... than great. If not, maybe some regulars in the thread that don't have the game can step into these roles. GM makes the matches, constructs the card etc. Board of Directors oversee these decisions and have veto power, which arises when the majority of the board decides the GM made a bad call(s). I'd say that the GM has full control over Raw, but the GM and the board should work together in some way for PPV cards.

Weight Classes/Divisions:
(Assuming each member drafts three wrestlers)
WWE Championship: Any in-game or DLC wrestler from either Attitude Era or Modern Day. Stats must be atleast 80 overall. CAWs modeled after legitimate superstars work, too. No duplicates. Ex: no picking current Triple H if someone has already picked out AE Triple H.
Intercontinental Championship: Any in-game or DLC wrestler from either Attitude Era or Modern Day. Stats must be below 80 overall. CAWs modeled after legitimate superstars work, too. No duplicates. Ex: no picking current Triple H if someone has already picked out AE Triple H.
ECW Championship: CAWs only, preferably original content(not based off existing wrestlers). No DQ or count out. I'd say stats shouldn't be above 80 overall.

The Draft:
When we begin, we will do a random lottery to decide picking order. There are two rounds, with the first being for the WWE Championship division and the second being for the Intercontinental Title division. Obviously, this isn't necessary for the ECW division.

Schedule:
There will be four episodes of Raw, two weeks apart, before each PPV(6 a year). I figure we should do the Big Four, Elimination Chamber, and Money in the Bank, but obviously that will be a group decision. I say Raw should have 6 matches, and PPV's should have 8.

General:
-Initial championships decided by tournaments. Loser bracket of the WWE Championship tourney comprises the Intercontinental Championship tournament. ECW Championship tourney comprised of hardcore matches.
-Next chance for entry in the league will be the Royal Rumble in January.
-Formation of factions, heel turns, face turns, etc. - all fair game. But don't abuse these, or you're out.

this is all fantastic. I LOVE all of it, especially the (3) leagues (keeps it simple/exciting) and the differentials between each. basically we have main event/mid card/CAW.

fantastic.
01:23 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old

name/system/date of purchase
01:26 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
I have Xbox. Is this gonna be a PS3 thing?

you should go read the last 4-5 pages of the thread today. most guys have xbox so its an xbox league. we are trying to get 3 or so PS users to be the "board of directors"
01:27 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
How do we want to work tag teams? Or do we at all?

it gets complicated there. maybe we can try to implement a tag team division after we get this set up and learn the ropes of what can be done and what can't? maybe we can do a huge tag team belts thing for our WM PPV.
01:30 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
so again, this is going to rely heavily on two things:

1) the board of directors - these guys have got to be 100% on board and be willing to write storylines/ hold the league together.
2) users - weekly promos/ideas/etc will have to be suggested

as for RAW/PPV's - when the matches are set, who is actually hosting? How will that work? Will we do one match at a time and post videos on youtube, or what? Also, that will be difficult to coordinate everybody's schedules. has anybody thought about this?
01:34 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
On that note:
How should we do "shows" I doubt we'll be able to get even half of us on at the same time. So should we make the card the week before, and then have the whole next week to play the matches, with the deadline for final results being that Saturday? And then we can compile a final results report. Trying to get everyone on at the same time isn't feasible as much as I wish it was.

no, it's certainly not feasible. that's why we need to make a decision of "is this going to be a simulation league based on promos/storylines" or have it be based on actual skill in the game. if its the latter, yeah, we will need to do your suggestion and everybody has a week to find 30 minutes to get on xbox live and do their match with their partner.

but that's going to create a LOT of conflict issues.

how does the madden league handle the actual playing of games?
01:36 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
I used to roleplay (write promos, storylines, match results, etc.) back in the early 2000s, haha. I feel like this will fill the creative void in my life that I haven't had since I stopped doing that. So I'm pumped for this.

i was talking about being in a roleplay league earlier today, haha. my character, 'Hacker' was based on a CAW from No Mercy.
01:36 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
Ya, I think the cards need to be made on an official day (whatever we decide) and you have 5-7 days to play out your match. Shouldn't be too difficult that way.

I think it would be cool to try and get everyone on at once for "Wrestlemania" or something like that.

Also the more I'm thinking about this the more I am 100% down to be a GM as opposed to an actual game player this time out haha. Sounds awesome.

you as GM would be SO badass.
01:39 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
I'd be fully in favor of you GMing.

I thought about it, but i literally just moved my entire life to brooklyn 2 days ago and just can't commit time wise. Plus, I have never owned a WWE game since N64 so I have NO IDEA about the logistics of what the game can and cannot do.
01:40 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
I'll do GM and play random games with you dudes for fun...I'm down with that if everyone is cool with it.

you and 2 PS3 users should do it together. One guy doing that is too much. It will be a lot of work, but as close to booking your own league as you can without investing millions, hahaha
01:41 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah, by the way...where in Brooklyn are you now?

I am living with some people from AP (Jaime Durante and Dennis, perhaps you know them) in Williamsburg until after the hurricane and my apartment is ready 11/15.
01:43 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
I think we should cap this league at 20 members who get 2 wrestlers each. Somebody should go through the roster and make sure we have enough non-duplicated (DX HHH vs. Hunter Hearst Hemsley, etc) wrestlers to have 20 users at 2 picks each.
01:45 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
anybody who is in the madden league - how do they handle the actual playing of games?
01:48 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
They give like a four-day window to play the games and then if you don't play it, your game gets simulated.

yep, so the 7 day window for us sounds great!

yeah, this is coming together very nicely. all we need is about 13 more users.

question, how many guys normally submit picks for each PPV - that should give us an idea.
01:50 PM on 10/29/12 
User Info.
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm not in the Madden one but did a NBA2k one awhile back and it was pretty easy to get games set up. Everyone had 1 week to work it out with their opponent, obviously the GM would need to monitor who's fault it was if a match didn't happen and punish that person however we decide to punish them (work a program with Big Show).

if we do something with a guest ref, etc ... can all 3 people get in on the game to play it together? I'm assuming that's possible.

Also, for one on one matches ... are we going to have video? I would love if the matches could be taped and put on Youtube for the league to watch if they wanted.

on that note ...for like a royal rumble scenerio - we can't get everybody on there at once, right? What's the LIMIT of people playing one XBL match online?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets