AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:30 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
leftapart
Bay Area, CA
Male
I like buying my shirts from thrift stores. Whenever I buy them new I never know if they're going to shrink or stay the same size. With thrift store shirts, they're preworn and prewashed so I can be assured they won't shrink! Plus they're 2/3rd's cheaper. Win win.
06:05 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
Buffalo, NY
Female - 20 Years Old
Jeans. I'll find $70 jeans for $5. My friend got her really nice prom dress there for $3 while the rest of my friends spent $300. There's always something nice there, you just gotta look.
08:29 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
Lakeland, FL
Female - 21 Years Old
I can usually find some cool, old soundtracks on vinyl (Top Gun, Mission Impossible, A Clockwork Orange to name a few) for under a dollar. I've found a pair of studded converses for $8. Then most of any clothing I buy is usually bought to be cut up into something else to wear.
09:54 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
The couple of thriftstores here suck. Everything is old and outdated. The pants are like my leftover glittery pants with butterflies along the side from the 90's, and the dresses all have ugly floral print. I do like Plato's Closet though. A lot of it looks a bit outdated-ish too, but I've gotten some really cute stuff there for really cheap.
04:29 AM on 10/31/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Red White and Blue all day
04:42 AM on 10/31/12 
User Info.
Jonahharper
Jonahharper
Kentucky
Male
Got some good vinyl and cassettes at the Goodwill on Wadsworth in Lakewood, CO.

Got a Smiths "Queen Is Dead" on cassette and two Morrissey cassingles.
I also found a The Chariot shirt.
12:29 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 23 Years Old
I've always wanted to. I tried a couple of weeks ago, I paid for a book and the lady there gave me the ugliest look ever, she was all like is that your car outside? Bitch.
03:17 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
ModernArtillery
That wasn't the Final Problem
Sydney, Australia
Female - 22 Years Old
got a picnic backpack. it was a regular backpack but inside it had plates, glasses and cutlery for two, a chopping board and knife, cheese-cutter, napkins and a wine holder on the side. it was awesome. it was ten bucks.
08:32 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
I normally don't go shopping at all, but my girlfriend does a lot. I did get From Under the Cork Tree for a dollar a little secondhand place though.
08:59 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I normally don't go shopping at all, but my girlfriend does a lot. I did get From Under the Cork Tree for a dollar a little secondhand place though.

you paid too much
10:53 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
my boyfriend has an affinity for Animal shirts. Usually we can go to a Savers or Good Will and find some quality shit for $1-$5 each.
11:50 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old

Hahaha, I enjoy it somewhat.
11:57 AM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Hahaha, I enjoy it somewhat.

I just like giving FOB a hard time. I've never been a fan of theirs, but they get lots of respect on this board, so I was trying to level the playing field
12:12 PM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
I just like giving FOB a hard time. I've never been a fan of theirs, but they get lots of respect on this board, so I was trying to level the playing field

You did a very good job.
01:24 PM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
There are a ton of places to find cool stuff in Nashville. OP, do you know of any good spots in Delaware? My parents live in Newark and the only place I know of is the Goodwill by the movie theatre haha.

http://www.thethriftshopper.com/city/Newark/DE/1.htm This site is great for finding stores near you. I used it last weekend to find some stores down in Rehoboth/Lewes, and it was awesome. There was this really great store called Encore that had awesome stuff.

I don't have any cool thrift shops around me. The Goodwill here is pretty decent, but that's really the only close secondhand store that I have.

I live in Newark too, the only good place I know of is the Goodwill off Kirkwood Highway. I've found some awesome Christmas sweaters there.

I've heard the one in Smyrna is great as well. I'll have to give the Kirkwood Highway one a try.

The couple of thriftstores here suck. Everything is old and outdated. The pants are like my leftover glittery pants with butterflies along the side from the 90's, and the dresses all have ugly floral print. I do like Plato's Closet though. A lot of it looks a bit outdated-ish too, but I've gotten some really cute stuff there for really cheap.

I found a pair of Oxford lace up heels there for eight dollars, and my dumbass didn't buy them. I will live with the regret for a very long time.

Got some good vinyl and cassettes at the Goodwill on Wadsworth in Lakewood, CO.

Got a Smiths "Queen Is Dead" on cassette and two Morrissey cassingles.

Jesus Christ I am jealous. Best vinyl I've found so far at my local Goodwill is a Marvin Gaye record, haha.

I've always wanted to. I tried a couple of weeks ago, I paid for a book and the lady there gave me the ugliest look ever, she was all like is that your car outside? Bitch.

Why would she be questioning you about your car? haha.

But don't let that deter you from bargain-hunting. I never buy anything for full price.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos