Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
01:25 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
If George Lucas isn't writing though then it's safe to say it won't be the worst in the series. I hope he isn't writing.
01:31 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
I actually read the article this time. George Lucas is a "creative consultant". So I think that means he isn't writing but he's still giving input.
01:34 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Fuck this, a disney star wars? Please tell me this is a bad joke.

There's a difference between a Disney production and a production done by someone owned by Disney. I'm not saying this won't be bad, I'm just saying that you won't be seeing that little blue and white castle before the movie.
01:38 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
I love how everyone is saying it's going to suck when literally the only thing we know is that it's happening and the reason the last three were bad will not be a major part of it.
01:41 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
People are saying that? I'm more afraid of Lucas continuing to bastardize his own franchise.

I read the article and it said Lucas will be just a creative consultant. So basically, the job he had for Empire Strikes Back.

Edit: They haven't said whether this will be a sequel or a prequel. It'll just be called VII. Which would be confusing, but no more confusing than calling it Episode -1
01:47 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Not to mention the fact that they plan to pump out a new movie every 2 to 3 years; yes, their intentions on making a fine movie is definitely there.

The Lord of the Rings movies were released over the course of 3 years...Harry Potter did 8 in 10...
01:47 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
They definitely shouldn't mess with the canon of the books. At all. If anything, they should involve the new movies around those.

I really hope that's what they do.
01:51 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
That's not even at all comparable to this situation.

Right, because LotR and Harry Potter had previously written works for it to be based off of, right?
01:56 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Not even Luke, just Mark Hamill the actor.

I'd pay to see that.
02:04 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
No shit. It wasn't a studio that just got behind an immensely popular franchise that made the rash decision to throw out a film every two to three years. That, to me, isn't a promising situation, and gives me little to no hope that this will be a positive project. If they announce some details that give me hope (say, who will be behind the first installment), then, yeah, I'll be more optimistic, but at the moment it just reeks of a company milking a series - something Disney is prone to do.

I wouldn't say just got behind, considering the fact that Indiana Jones and Star Wars themed attractions and rides have been around in Disney for years before this. Also, I understand being negative towards it once information comes out but you're saying it will suck based off of the one piece of information we have: That George Lucas will not be writing or directing. Which means we know it can't be worse than the worst of the prequels.
02:27 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
gigantic cash grab. disgusting that they just indefinitely plan to keep releasing these movies. awful awful awful

You're calling this a cash grab as if literally 100% of moves like this aren't. No one purchases a company with the hopes that it fails. That's just stupid.
02:31 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
well, obviously. but disney is notorious for this kind of thing. i feel there should be something said about integrity in film...and this has none.

If anyone, you should be criticizing Lucas for selling his company.
04:56 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
I don't think Harrison Ford would allow that.
08:56 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Yeah, III was definitely the best of the prequels. I'm always torn between the worst though. On the one hand, Episode I has Jar Jar, but it also has Liam Neeson. Episode II has angsty Anikan but also has Christopher Lee. More often than not I go with I being the worst though. Jar Jar and worse dialog.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos