Username
Password

01:30 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah, without Lucas I think Disney could do something really great with the series.

Let's all look back at this post in a few years and laugh about how wrong I was..
Between the fantastic stories that were developed with The Clone Wars or The Knights of the Old Republic, there's plenty of GOOD content they can use. I'm hoping this will be awesome.
01:35 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!

Disney is going to ruin this saga. I'm not even counting this as a piece of the Star Wars series.

This is fucked up.
01:39 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Lol is everyone afraid Disney is going to add cutesy little characters to the series and ruin it or something? Have you seen an Ewok?
I seriously don't understand the freak out reaction people are giving this. I think it's a fantastic pairing and I think it has a lot of potential. Lucas already has gotten a ton of flack for the prequels, it's not like Disney can really give it a worse reputation in that light.
01:47 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
This is ridiculous.

As a fan of the different book series after Jedi, I don't want them effing with the universe that was created and created well by a variety of authors. I feel like whatever they want to do will be in direct conflict with those stories.
My wife was a big fan of some of the series as well, and from what I understand of the Star Wars books is that they were OKAY'D by Lucas, so maybe movie adaptations of the books? My understanding could be off of how that was done though, so if I'm off please correct me.
01:48 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
They definitely shouldn't mess with the canon of the books. At all. If anything, they should involve the new movies around those.
I've said it before, but movies based on KoTOR 1 or 2 would be AMAZING. Those stories were so good.
01:52 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
The thing is, a ton of those books have all the characters from the original trilogy. And all those actors are old as hell now. It would be weird seeing someone else play Luke Skywalker.
Yeah, I suppose that would make sense, thought from what understand I would love to see the story line be based on Him and his wife rebuilding the Jedi academy. If I'm not mistaken that's what's next in the story? Again, I didn't read them, I have a pretty basic knowledge of what comes after the original trilogy that's second hand.
02:13 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
This is fantastic! I know most of the Old Republic, Clone Wars, and of course the movies. I might need to start investing in some of the books.
02:14 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
So is this in the same vein as Marvel in relation to Disney? Have they released in what capacity they're going to be involved?
02:30 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
well, obviously. but disney is notorious for this kind of thing. i feel there should be something said about integrity in film...and this has none.

Examples?
02:54 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
This thread is going to turn into a shitshow like the Dark Knight Rises thread, can't wait
DUDE, I'm telling you, Hayden Christensen, becomes Robin. IT'S SO OBVIOUS
03:03 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm excited if they get the original cast back and adapt The New Jedi Order series. Yuuzan Vong (spelling?) could be a creepy villian on screen, and they're a great foil to the Jedi/Force.

Something new (cast or story) probably won't interest me as much, but fuck...if your childhood can survive Episodes 1-3, then what are you worrying about these new ones for?
I'm still holding my breath for The Old Republic, but it sounds like it's going to be post-ROTJ
03:18 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Honestly, I think this whole franchise is overrated. It's the Avatar of the 70s/80s. Stunning stuff for the time, but ultimately so flawed and awful. Outside of the financial gains for Disney/LucasFilm, I can see no reason to revisit this cinematic universe any further.
Your avatar is fitting for your outlook on this franchise.
07:25 AM on 10/31/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Confirmation today that it wasn't a dream
For now on we'll look back and refer to era's and BD (before Disney) and AD (after Disney).
03:12 PM on 11/01/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Or, he was over it, and wanted to completely cut himself off from work.
He was pretty vocal about wanting there to be a 7, 8, and 9, and I'm sure all the flack he got from the Prequels lead him to make a decision like this. Seems like a solid answer.
07:44 AM on 11/02/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
He basically said this actually. His reasoning for not doing more was basically "everyone bitched about the last three, why try again?"
It makes sense. Despite what people think, I'm pretty sure Lucas isn't like, "YO HOW CANS I TAKE THIS AWESOME UNIVERSE AND MAKE IT SUCKS MORE?!" This move, in my opinion, was a fantastic one and I think Lucas knows it. It's a win win, he still gets creative input, and it'll now be distributed by one of the worlds largest and most well known distributor.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos