AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:50 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
Fool
Chicago
Male
You know what is exciting about this. For once a Star Wars character will have emotions.
09:53 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
_veges_
I don't know if Abram's movies are exactly recognized for their emotional depth...
11:42 AM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
spaghettti
Too turnt
Westfield, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
You can't really say that Star Wars will 100% be like his past stuff, maybe he'll change stuff around from his previous style to fit the Star Wars style
12:06 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
Kansas City, MO
Male
You can't really say that Star Wars will 100% be like his past stuff, maybe he'll change stuff around from his previous style to fit the Star Wars style
I just really hope he leaves out the stupid goofy/little kid type moments. Carry the same tone as Star Trek and I'll be happy.
02:54 PM on 03/07/13 
User Info.
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
Palo Alto
Male
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...lucas/1970803/

George Lucas basically confirmed that Hamill, Ford and Fisher are returning.
06:55 AM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
I wish the Karen Gillan rumor wasn't an April Fools Day joke.
09:42 AM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
aoftbsten
Go Buffs.
Boulder, CO
Male - 23 Years Old
Seeing Carrie Fisher now is going to ruin a lot of fanboys Princess Leia fantasies.
08:38 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
Being a Star Wars nerd, I have given this a fair amount of thought.

Episode VII will not come out in 2015, they will push it back to the following summer...here's why:

Imagine you are the head of Disney, and you now own both Marvel and Lucasfilm, stewards of two of the most successful franchises of all time. Why blow your load in one year? The Avengers sequel is already slated for 2015 and I don't think there is much that can stop that. There is also a fifth Pirates movie planned and there will likely be a Pixar movie somewhere in there. Other than that, The Fantastic Four reboot is coming out that March, but I wouldn't suspect much else. Maybe a DC character will get a film
on the back of Man Of Steel's success but I don't see Wonder Woman or Flash being a stiff competitor against The Avengers. Even if they make a Justice League movie, I don't see it doing Avengers numbers.

It makes no sense for Disney to release Episode VII in the same year as The Avengers 2. They risk bloating their 2015 and leaving 2016 with no real cash cow. Sure, there will be one or two Marvel movies, but most likely a new character like Dr. Strange or a sequel to Hulk/threequel to Thor or CA, and they will make a cool $300/$400 mil, but it won't be enough to balance out what 2015 did. 2016 would look like a failure in comparison.

Also, if we are looking at 2016 simply through the eyes of people that follow movies, there aren't any big franchises expected to return that summer. Maybe another Avatar movie, but I think hindsight shows that the first one wasn't that great. Maybe a Batman reboot, but without Nolan and Bale who gives a shit. There won't be any Spider Man, Superman, Star Trek etc... to compete with.

Just think back to when the WB pushed Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince got pushed back a year. They did that because they made so much money off of the Dark Knight that they didn't need a Harry Potter movie padding their fiscal year. I think the same will happen with Episode VII, I will be very surprised if it comes out 2015. If 2015 has both The Avengers 2 and Episode VII in it, then any other studio might as well sit it out.
10:02 PM on 04/15/13 
User Info.
Fool
Chicago
Male
That was a realistic/depressing post.
05:43 AM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
That was a realistic/depressing post.

Yeah, it sucks, but I am pretty sure that's how it will go down.
05:59 AM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't know if Abram's movies are exactly recognized for their emotional depth...
That's ridiculous. If there's one thing he does RIGHT, it's emotion.
08:46 AM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Upstart
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Seeing Carrie Fisher now is going to ruin a lot of fanboys Princess Leia fantasies.
Speak for yourself...

11:54 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
This worries me a bit

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...42475d00002 1
12:35 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male

Yeah, I guess that kills my theory.

You can make a Star Wars based movie every year, there is plenty to explore there. Not every movie has to be about Jedi's vs. Sith. Marvel does 1 or 2 movies a year in the same universe (along with every other comic book movie that comes out) and so far they are incredibly successful.

Here is what I DO NOT want to see, any movie feature a young [insert character here]. Especially Han Solo or Boba Fett. Part of what made those characters so cool is how little you knew about them. I would love to see something set thousands of years in the past or something with new characters that is set parallel with any of the original moves or prequels. You could have a story about a young kid freeing all the slaves on Tatooine during the events of Episode 3 or something. That would be cool.

There are a million things to do with that universe, no need to show established character's "origins" or anything.
02:10 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
Palo Alto
Male

New Star Wars movie every summer? As long as the stories are good I'm down.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos