Username
Password

01:44 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
Disney just confirmed Episode 8 and 9 to follow. They also said a new movie "every 2 to 3 years."

Well...THAT sounds like overkill. But from a marketing standpoint, genius.
01:44 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
I read the article and it said Lucas will be just a creative consultant. So basically, the job he had for Empire Strikes Back.

Edit: They haven't said whether this will be a sequel or a prequel. It'll just be called VII. Which would be confusing, but no more confusing than calling it Episode -1

If thats the case, I might give it a chance. If they can find a stellar director/writers to handle the franchise, then I'm all for it.
01:45 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
This is ridiculous.

As a fan of the different book series after Jedi, I don't want them effing with the universe that was created and created well by a variety of authors. I feel like whatever they want to do will be in direct conflict with those stories.
01:46 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Little Ferret
Play that tune
North Carolina
Male - 25 Years Old
"... and our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years."

Hilarious.
01:46 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
They definitely shouldn't mess with the canon of the books. At all. If anything, they should involve the new movies around those.
01:47 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Not to mention the fact that they plan to pump out a new movie every 2 to 3 years; yes, their intentions on making a fine movie is definitely there.

The Lord of the Rings movies were released over the course of 3 years...Harry Potter did 8 in 10...
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
They definitely shouldn't mess with the canon of the books. At all. If anything, they should involve the new movies around those.

I really hope that's what they do.
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
This is ridiculous.

As a fan of the different book series after Jedi, I don't want them effing with the universe that was created and created well by a variety of authors. I feel like whatever they want to do will be in direct conflict with those stories.
My wife was a big fan of some of the series as well, and from what I understand of the Star Wars books is that they were OKAY'D by Lucas, so maybe movie adaptations of the books? My understanding could be off of how that was done though, so if I'm off please correct me.
User Info.
Little Ferret
Play that tune
North Carolina
Male - 25 Years Old
The Lord of the Rings movies were released over the course of 3 years...Harry Potter did 8 in 10...
That's not even at all comparable to this situation.
01:48 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Regards
I am Groot
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
I've said it before, but movies based on KoTOR 1 or 2 would be AMAZING. Those stories were so good.
01:49 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
NewAgeofHorus
Great Barrier Reef
Male - 22 Years Old
Lol is everyone afraid Disney is going to add cutesy little characters to the series and ruin it or something? Have you seen an Ewok?

It's not that, the writers that Disney hires can no way write a movie that has as great story flow as the originals.

Hopefully they will make this one off of entirely new characters and not fuck up the characters from Lucas' Star Wars
01:50 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
At least Jar Jar is probably dead by now.
User Info.
spiffa0
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
My wife was a big fan of some of the series as well, and from what I understand of the Star Wars books is that they were OKAY'D by Lucas, so maybe movie adaptations of the books? My understanding could be off of how that was done though, so if I'm off please correct me.

The thing is, a ton of those books have all the characters from the original trilogy. And all those actors are old as hell now. It would be weird seeing someone else play Luke Skywalker.
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Obligatory

01:51 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
That's not even at all comparable to this situation.

Right, because LotR and Harry Potter had previously written works for it to be based off of, right?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos