Username
Password

04:33 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
johnnybb
paying dues
New York City
Male - 29 Years Old

This album is just an emo-tional masterpiece of beautifully military proportions.

Hug the haters.

RIYL : drones, disliking U2, & driving to Modest Mouse.
04:36 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
johnnybb
paying dues
New York City
Male - 29 Years Old
I would pay cash money to press this album vinyl with a declassified-document-style booklet, to teach future generations about the versatility of our genre, how we are survivors of a thing like MySpace.

The single :

x <3 x 4e x
04:46 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
johnnybb
paying dues
New York City
Male - 29 Years Old
Obviously people love it or the hate it, but (being released in 2006 by The Militia Group), it's still like the final nail on the coffin to everything AFI / FOB / THE FORMAT were being made-fun-of for... paving the way for YEASAYER / STARFUCKER / GASLIGHT ANTHEM type of records.

sorry, final track :

"The Secret" by Brandston from their album Hello Control :

SPOTIFY LINK TO THE ALBUM: open.spotify.com/album/6412E2xxk9q0SwknyA0zzW
06:48 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
Verified
I would pay cash money to press this album vinyl with a declassified-document-style booklet, to teach future generations about the versatility of our genre, how we are survivors of a thing like MySpace.

The single :

x <3 x 4e x

If you have a couple thousand dollars, we can press it.

Good album, although not my favorite from them. Wish their final album would have been finished/released. Miss these guys.
07:25 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
This album is crazy important to me even though it is far from my favorite Brandtson album.

In May 2006 I went to see The Rocket Summer, Paramore, Daphne Loves Derby, and Brandtson at a small bar in Philadelphia. It was the first show of its kind I ever went to so Brandtson was the first "real band" I ever saw live. Hello, Control was the first "indie" album I ever bought at a show. I basically only buy vinyl now but I keep this CD on my shelf in plain view at all times just because it means a lot to me
07:28 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
this was one of my favs back in the day. Lie To Me and a few others still get spun
07:32 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
gonfreaks
New Jersey
Male - 25 Years Old
Send Us A Signal is my favorite of theirs but I still like this a whole lot. I was so damn sad when their last album was cancelled/never came out. Miss these guys.
07:54 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
Verified
Parallels is the best tracks on this album, and one of my favorite songs from their entire discography. The album has sort of a weird flow, but is still very solid.
08:00 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
This album is crazy important to me even though it is far from my favorite Brandtson album.

In May 2006 I went to see The Rocket Summer, Paramore, Daphne Loves Derby, and Brandtson at a small bar in Philadelphia. It was the first show of its kind I ever went to so Brandtson was the first "real band" I ever saw live. Hello, Control was the first "indie" album I ever bought at a show. I basically only buy vinyl now but I keep this CD on my shelf in plain view at all times just because it means a lot to me

Brandtson really doesn't feel like they fit in there. Although at that point I guess they sounded more like the others.
But holy shit, that's a great fucking show. Thinking about seeing Paramore support TRS is insane at this point, hah.
08:05 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Jeff_Ryan
NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
Brandtson really doesn't feel like they fit in there. Although at that point I guess they sounded more like the others.
But holy shit, that's a great fucking show. Thinking about seeing Paramore support TRS is insane at this point, hah.

It was probably because they were on The Militia Group and so was The Rocket Summer, but yeah Hello, Control fit in with that whole sound more than any of their other albums would have
08:06 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
Verified

I saw this tour as well, and even though the lineup was strange, it was an awesome show. I was lucky enough to see Brandtson a couple times, and they always put on the best show possible, even if there were only a few people in the crowd.

And yeah, seeing Paramore in a small setting like that opening for TRS was nuts.
08:09 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
I wish I had gone to shows before '08, hah.
08:20 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
Jeff_Ryan
NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
I saw this tour as well, and even though the lineup was strange, it was an awesome show. I was lucky enough to see Brandtson a couple times, and they always put on the best show possible, even if there were only a few people in the crowd.

And yeah, seeing Paramore in a small setting like that opening for TRS was nuts.

I saw Brandtson again with The Myriad and Lovedrug like a year after that and Brandtson were also really great then. I also wish that final album had gotten released. It had a release date and everything... it's gotta be out there somewhere
09:58 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
LifeOfDefiance
No Avatar Selected
Male - 23 Years Old
Never really heard much from these guys but Send Us A Signal. Really like that album though.
06:03 AM on 10/31/12 
User Info.
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
France
Male - 19 Years Old
i only really liked Lie To Me and Goodnight Sweet Prince on this one. i wish they'd start a kickstarter/indiegogo to release that final album

just found this interview i remember reading a while ago
http://welcometoflavorcountry.com/20...-of-brandtson/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests