The band name came from a song called "The Ransom" by Escape the Fate. There isn't much of a story behind it. We were sophomores in high school and thought it sounded cool.
2. How did this band get started?
We were just a bunch of friends in high school that wanted to start a band.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
A Day to Remember, Fall Out Boy, A Skylit Drive, Alesana, Underoath, Taking Back Sunday, Blink-182, Senses Fail
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
A Day to Remember for inspiring us. A Skylit Drive because one of our songs features Michael Jagmin. Pretty much any band we've been inspired by or like would be cool!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Pizza, burgers, tacos.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We try to offer a balance between punk and hardcore to people who like a bit of both.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Augie (guitars/screams) says Justin Verlander because he loves baseball and was awesome at it growing up. Plus, we've gotta rep Detroit!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? You have to say God, right?
Family, friends, fans, haters, and God. Anyone we've had the pleasure of working with.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We'd like to see it be more about the music and less about the money, the fame, sales, and all the other perks.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Our van broke down in Grand Rapids once at one in the morning. We had to scramble to find a place to stay and to get our van running
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great place to find new music, help lesser known bands be heard, and the best place to find information on the industry.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Guest Starring in a Dream Near You. It's a really emotional song and we all get pumped every time we play it! We also dig playing Fall Apart because it's one of our heavier songs and it's easy to get in to.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Florida, hands down! We love the sunlight, the beach, and it's a huge contrast from Northern Michigan.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
90's Music! Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Now! CDs.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Augie would like to teleport because it would make life easier. Matt (bass/screams) would choose flight. Flying would feel so freeing. Who wouldn't want to fly?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Don't listen to our own music. Sometimes we have a pep talk.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We're all just out of high school. Everyone seems to assume we're older.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio?
We all listen to our iPods. Current radio seems very mainstream and not very diverse. Our style isn't really represented.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We all have are big on video games and the internet. Pokemon, Minecraft, Skyrim, Mario Kart, Tumblr, Halo... All kinds of games!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Augie can solve a Rubik's Cube, Vito (guitar) plays Saxophone, Josh (drums) makes awesome fudge, Matt can quote Monte Python, and Eric can rock a tank top.