All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Isn't this said about every album?
nope.
11:17 AM on 10/31/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Mmmmm Box Car Racer... i'd love to hear some BCR riffs on the next Blink album.
11:23 AM on 10/31/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Maybe it will be better than Neighborhoods.
11:24 AM on 10/31/12
Jspence33
Bruins97
User Info.
I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I think that Blink's self titled is their best work. As far as I'm concerned, I don't really care too much for them integrating a little bit of "old stuff" into their new songs. I feel like "Neighborhoods" was their reunion album, one which was meant to please fans with songs reminding people of old Blink. I'd personally rather see a step forward for them.
This. Just let Blink be Blink.
11:28 AM on 10/31/12
RonStoppable
yeezy season approachin
User Info.
box car racer was so fucking good.
11:28 AM on 10/31/12
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
Older bands always say stuff like this. My excitement for the new album (which was already rather low) has stayed exactly the same.
11:31 AM on 10/31/12
ManchesterOrch8
Hi, I'm Andy Hull.
User Info.
This would literally be the best thing ever.

My favorite record from Blink, and my all time favorite one off project record from anyone.
11:34 AM on 10/31/12
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Thank you captain obvious. Pretty sure every band has said that about every album. Ever.
11:43 AM on 10/31/12
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm probably in the minority when I say this but I think that Blink's self titled is their best work. As far as I'm concerned, I don't really care too much for them integrating a little bit of "old stuff" into their new songs. I feel like "Neighborhoods" was their reunion album, one which was meant to please fans with songs reminding people of old Blink. I'd personally rather see a step forward for them.

Agreed. A song like "Hearts All Gone" was cool...but I feel any more songs like that will just seem odd and forced.

I'm all for progression with a band like Blink.
11:43 AM on 10/31/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
When I saw his post earlier I got excited as fuck. I don't think tom would've went as far as posting a pic of BCR without believing it.
11:49 AM on 10/31/12
IV.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Itd be cool for them to sit in the same studio or practice space together and write songs from scratch. No pre written or recorded ideas.. just everything from the ground up.
11:51 AM on 10/31/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Really can't wait to hear their next record. Feeling like I'm one of a handful of people who loved "Neighborhoods", I'm excited to hear it. People had mixed reactions when they put out the untitled record as well, but I love that thing.
11:52 AM on 10/31/12
derek_8
User Info.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQxJuaA6h7M
im still waiting for tom to make the acoustic song at 1:09 from this video
11:59 AM on 10/31/12
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
User Info.
He definitely parlayed that over to "S/T," playing even better than BCR.
the thing about his playing on box car racer was that the drumming had interesting timing. i'm not a musician so i don't know how to say things the right way some times but s/t was definitely a better work of his than BCR, but it was definitely a little stylistically different. i was talking to my friend who is a really good drummer and he said playing songs from BCR isn't as hard as a lot of his other stuff, it's just that you have to get the timing down correctly. he said TOYPAJ is harder to play for sure but BCR is different. it's one reason i love BCR so much. it was really experimental and travis was definitely going for a certain theme since it was just a side-project

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos