Password

Album Review

Luther - Let's Get You Somewhere Else Album Cover

Luther - Let's Get You Somewhere Else

Reviewed by
Luther - Let's Get You Somewhere Else
Record Label: Chunksaah Records
Release Date: October 9, 2012
Thereís a part of music where youíll be absolutely blown away and think the talent is derived from the heavens itself, Luther does not fall into this category. On the first listen of Letís Get You Somewhere Else, I was tricked into thinking that what I was hearing was nothing spectacular. Fairly average, perhaps I could even create a record like this one but upon further inspection it was clear that my whole life was a lie and Luther has come close to mastering the simple non-flashy art of punk rock.

Right away youíll be greeted with a sense of familiarity, the bright guitar work and midtempo drumming guide smooth melodious vocals declaring that ďThese things fade in timeThe lyrics teeter on the lines of personal but almost always stray away from that path in favor of to become more general and thus relatable. The lyrics do often offer wit and sincerity with lines like in one of the albumís best moments A Quiet Stretch of Weather. ďIím not catering to anyone anymore. I think Iím having a midlife crisis. I hope I donít die when Iím fortyĒ, itís clear that the relatable lyrics werenít the outcome of laziness.

The album follows suit with Luther never really leaving their comfort zone. They almost never ditch the tried and true ways of their punk idols. But donít try to fix something thatís not broken right? While originality may not be Lutherís strongest appeal, they get everything right that most newer bands just canít seem to. Itís hard to pin down the exact reason why Luther stands out amongst its contemporaries.

People who dedicated their life to music research or something, often say that passion leaks through your art. If so then itís obvious that the guys behind this music have either had this album coursing through their veins for a long time or are really good liars. Now that you can get your hands on this passion on CD, youíll probably feel it in your veins too while you engrave every crevice of every song into your brain and eagerly await the day youíll be able to yell along to it with your scruffy bearded peers in some guyís basement. And if thatís not enough reason to listen to Luther, letís get you somewhere else.

Recommended if you like The Lawrence Arms, Hot Water Music, yell-alongs

http://lutherphiladelphia.com/
This review is a user submitted review from JamieTheSonger. You can see all of JamieTheSonger's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version