Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
06:20 PM on 11/01/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I won't be buying this whole album but will get this song. I love The Maine's new sound way more than their old sound and they totally re-imagine this sound which is what I love. I actually like cover songs that are unique and re-imagine the original more than ones that just cover it to the point it basically sounds like the original with different vocals. Adam's addition also really was worth it for this song. I personally like this more than the Relient K cover despite liking Relient K. Its still distinguish the same song here but it was gutted and redone in an unique manner that really changed the tone. Cover is kinda great.
06:21 PM on 11/01/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
i thought he was singing the second verse there, or the chorus. i only listened once but i remember being able to hear him easily
He is and I believe he can be heard in the background at other parts.
07:50 PM on 11/01/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I can't say I enjoy this cover. I'm not really a fan of The Maine, and if I heard this song somewhere I wouldn't even be able to tell you that it was a cover. Just sounds like another song of The Maine's to me.
Well The Maine now sound a lot different than the maine of a few years ago. they completely changed their sound. Why I like this cover and their new stuff I never really cared for their first album and only thought their 2nd was ok. Pioneer was great though.
07:43 AM on 11/02/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Still think Starfucker has the best cover of this song.

I had never heard of this group but this cover is good. The vocals are good and the bass is funky. I still think the cover The Maine is the best re-imaging of the song but this is a really good cover.
01:29 PM on 11/02/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Definitely agree. They have great production on this song, as well as the last album. Super clean and sounds great.
I am glad they don't want to be a neon-pop band anymore. The Maine actually grew up and got better at music.
02:41 PM on 11/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
this isn't punk, this is hardcore/ screamo....
nothing about this song is hardcore or screamo.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos