Password

Album Review

Stacy Clark - Patterns Album Cover

Stacy Clark - Patterns

Reviewed by
Stacy Clark - Patterns
Record Label: Independent
Release Date: November 22, 2011

I've been following Stacy Clark's career now for about six years and have seen her incredible talent and incredible work ethic take her to a whole new level, especially in 2010 when she signed to Vanguard Records and released her second full-length record Connect the Dots. That album was named one of the Best Records of 2011 by Amazon.com. With her latest release Patterns, Clark continues where she left off, giving us an eclectic mix of indie pop and electronic melodies to create another fantastic album.

The opening track "Lose My Mind" is a sound that fans of Clark's previous work will really enjoy- electronic beats with a touch of acoustics and lush vocal melodies. Most people in the genre of indie pop seem to focus all their attention on the beats and the lyrics lose a little bit of luster, but that's not the case here. You can tell that Clark spent a lot of time to create not only wonderful vocals, but equally impressive lyrics to go along with each and every song.

"Days Into Nights" has one of the best choruses on the album as it slowly builds with Clark's vocals over a running bassline and a simple beat. The chorus opens up with Clark letting loose on her vocals and the music compliments her so well with acoustic/electric guitars and background vocal melody.

The album ends with the acoustic track "Breathe," which really showcases Clark's beautiful and unique voice over an acoustic melody. The song clocks in at just under two minutes, which is disappointing because it feels unfinished especially being the final track on the record. I would have liked to seen the song have at least another verse or even be extended to include an instrumental ending of a few minutes to add to the record, which falls awkwardly between a full length album and an EP.

Overall, Patterns is another wonderful effort from Stacy Clark. She has definitely carved out her own brand of indie pop that sets her apart from most other singer/songwriters. Her introspective lyrics and knack for finding catchy vocal hooks are refreshing and based on her recent success with song placement on One Tree Hill and The Real L Word, Stacy Clark has laid out a path of success that will eventually lead her to become a household name. While she may not stray from her comfort zone, there's no need to worry- her pattern is totally in style.

Recommended If You LikeEllie Goulding, Lights, Delilah, Michelle Branch

Track Listing1. Lose My Mind
2. Days Into Nights
3. Sign
4. Decimals and Music Notes
5. Proof
6. Everything's Changing
7. Holiday
8. Breathe

http://www.facebook.com/StacyClarkMusic
This review is a user submitted review from hiddentrack. You can see all of hiddentrack's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
08:51 PM on 11/06/12
leftapart
User Info.
Thought I'd leave this here for anyone who's interested..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos