AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:36 AM on 11/08/12 
User Info.
Sargent Sausage
bassslap
Male - 25 Years Old
This is an emerging genre in the EDM scene. Not a lot of people have heard of it..I have a big feeling about these genres. I know this website is generally somewhat pretty good in terms of people having a open mind when it comes to music..(sometimes). For those of you are are not familiar with these genres of music..

From Urban Dictionary (lol)

"Moombahton is a popular genre of electro music invented by musician/DJ Dave Nada in the fall of 2010 in Washington, DC. Nada created the neologism "moombahton" to describe the new genre. "Moombah" comes from the title of a popular track that was remixed by DJ Chuckie. Nada slowed the tracked down to 108 bpms, which is close the the bpms of reggaeton. Hence, Nada adopted the "ton" from "reggaeton" and appended it to the track title "Moombah" to generate "moombahton."

"Trap music is based on use of the 808 Roland drum machine, pitched and re-sampled hiphop/rap vocals, pipe flutes, gangsta synth leads, and various FX. Similar to rap without the main vocal, Trap music has been gaining lots of attention from major DJ’s and labels. Although, the style originated many years ago, Trap music has recently been making a new school comeback in many new forms such as “Trap”, “Chirp”, “SeaPunk”, “PsyTrap”, and “TrapStep”. Earliest known examples can be found by artists such as Triple Six Mafia, UGK, Swisha House, and Gucci Mane. Tempos range widely from 135-175bpm which is uncommon for most major genres of electronic dance music (EDM)"

I will include a link to my sound cloud (sick plug bro) of 2 mixes that I recorded that give the listener a good taste of what this music is..the tracks are also downloadable because i am a REAL nice guy

http://soundcloud.com/matthewkurkjian

Anyways, whats your dudes thoughts on this music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS