This Thread is Closed.

11:48 AM on 07/28/11 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Why is that disturbing?

I don't think i've ever been with a woman who didn't do this exact same thing....just with less "ebonics", and maybe a little quieter.

But every girl I've ever been to a movie with says shit like "omg he's going to live isn't he?!"...It's like dude, that's why we're going to watch the rest of the movie lol. Stop asking questions about what happens, and just watch what happens.

I just made it racist AND sexist. I win!
11:42 PM on 09/04/11 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Some assholes at the bar tonight didn't pay their tab then started screaming ****** at the black manager. So the manager rocked one of the kids in the face. Good for him.
08:44 AM on 02/03/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Wow now, a lot of teacher hate...er, semi-hate...going on in here.

The reason why people who didn't get real jobs CAN fall back to teaching positions is because there aren't enough people going out to be teachers, not because being a teacher is that easy. This country is so starved for math and science teachers that you can have a degree in any type of math, or a degree in physics of biology or chemistry, and get hired to teach those things at a school despite having no classes on or experience in teaching children. Schools don't want to do this, but they're forced to because there's not enough people out there getting science education degrees.

And I'd say the majority of teachers are passionate about teaching and do it to the best of their abilities. I say this because it's a field where you will NOT last long if you don't love what you're doing. There's just too much crap to deal with on a less then stellar pay (great benefits of course, but the salary is pretty low starting out and for most will be a very average salary, depending on the cost of living where you live of course) for people who don't enjoy it to stick with it long enough. That's why there's a 40% burnout rate for teachers.

And that's where the inner-city thing comes in. I guarantee you part of that 40% burnout rate is due to the fact that the most of the jobs that open up year after year are in the poorer schools. Teachers teach there, get experience, and either move on to a better school or realize that this job just aint for them. So you get a lot of first and 2nd year teachers at these schools. And they generally get the hell out as fast as they can because it's just incredibly hard, you take a lot more crap from administration for not meeting test scores, and the pay is lower then it would be in suburban schools usually.

That kind of turnover year after year hurts a school, and the last schools that need to be hurt are the inner city schools.

I could go on and on and on about this crap but I need to stop lol
12:38 PM on 02/15/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Way over the line. Way, way, way over the line.

Not only that, he missed the perfect opportunity for a Chris Brown joke
03:12 PM on 02/16/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Here's a question....what are the theories behind the split often seen in opinion polls on homosexauls between white and black people? Is it a religion thing? I've seen that theory thrown out there but...meh.
09:20 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
I would consider Oklahoma part of the south...probably even Kansas and Nebraska too. They have that same "South" feel to them...even if they aren't really as "South" as, say, Alabama
12:11 PM on 03/09/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Can't believe I haven't posted this link here yet.

Yes, this website exists...really

If you really want a good laugh, go to the message board and read your favorite NFL teams message boards.....lmao
10:36 PM on 03/26/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Not sure that this has anything to do with race, but I went shooting with a friend (who's black) today in a small town not too far from here, and we found the remains of a building (just pillars). Looked pretty cool, and it was in an open area next to a house and an apartment complex. Absolutely no "No Trespassing" signs or anything. Well, first we noticed graffiti that said, "FUCK NIGERS [sic]," and we turned to each other and thought that maybe we weren't in the best area, but we continued to snap photos. All of a sudden, some guy opens the door to his deck and stands watching us for a minute, and then decides to start screaming at us to "GET OUT, YOU'S TRESPASSING" and then his wife joined him and started screaming, "GEEETTTT OUTTTAAAAA HEEEE.'" Almost started shooting photos of them but decided not to start trouble.

Not sure if that had anything to do with race, but I thought I'd share. Place was a hellhole--confederate flags everywhere, people staring as down from trucks, etc. Honestly never felt more uncomfortable in my life.

I mean...you ARE from York PA....haha
03:21 PM on 04/03/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
The people I talk to who seem to actually think we're in a post racial society are people that 1. Tend to not know a lot of black people, 2. Be from financially stable-to-well-off white families

The funny thing is a lot of those same people are the ones who I would call the more racist people I know. They think racism isn't a big problem anymore and then a few weeks later you hear them say something that, if not racist, is at the very least racially tinged type stuff.
11:31 PM on 04/25/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Well it's not as if those states vote 100% Democrat....
11:14 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
Not at all! I'm only making observations and presenting data, I haven't drawn any conclusions. Why is there a high propensity among blacks to commit crime? I can't say I know, but I don't think it has anything to do with some inherent quality of their race. I tend to lean on the side of cultural influence, which is very hard to quantify but I think it's hard to ignore that so many influential black people tend to present a terribly materialist and narcissistic portrait where it is glorious to corrupt yourself to every base desire, and associate it with black life. But like I said, I can't confidently make a conclusion.

It's because 1. Those in poverty are more likely to commit a crime and 2. African Americans are disproportionately in poverty compared to the rest of the nation.
08:41 AM on 07/13/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
09:15 AM on 08/03/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old