Password
This Thread is Closed.

01:47 PM on 05/15/11 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't read this thread nearly enough. I'll post some stories soon, although mine are the typical, "my dumb friend said this..." sort.
10:31 AM on 05/16/11 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Ended up on a spontaneous trip to Baltimore last weekend with two friends and three random girls that are friends with my friend. It was kind of awful; every time we drove past a black person they pointed them out at "darkies" and suggested, "we're going to get shot for listening to their music." We also passed an Asian kid and one of the girls looked right at him and said, "Hey Ling-Ling."

What the fuck? It was infuriating but even more baffling because I don't understand how anyone thinks stuff like that is acceptable to say. Good old Pennsylvania folk.
10:21 AM on 05/18/11 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
The fact you would need to hit him suggests you yourself house negative feelings about homosexuality. The more appropriate response, at least to me, would be to turn around and smack his ass.

05:41 PM on 05/27/11 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Last night me, my roommate and all of his extremely racist female friends were playing Loaded Questions and one of the cards asked, "What are the first two words that pop into your head when you hear 'black'?" Startled that the question even existed, I sort of knew what to expect, but damn, people are awful. I'm not one to speak up to people I don't know too well, but after reading their answers (which included "zoo animals") I lost my shit and proceeded to eviscerate everyone until they apologized after moments of awkward silence.

They're all criminal justice majors, which is sort of terrifying. Some of my roommate's views seem to rival even Arpaio's.
12:33 PM on 07/05/11 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
LOL what the hell is going on in this thread? Shenanigans, that's what.
03:59 PM on 01/28/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
sounds like you let the white guy through and not the black one.

Yesterday at my Bakery a black guy walked in and wanted a Caramel apple. I told him we were out. He stepped outside to make a call and another customer came in. She asked for a caramel apple. When she did the baker came out with a tray of caramel apples and handed one to her. I snatched it back from her little white hand and said "I can't give it to you, I aint racist" and stormed off to the backroom. A minute later I heard a commotion and came to look. The white girl was in the black mans arms. Apparently she was just light skin and was also black. I had managed to refuse caramel apples to a black family. I was quickly fired.
I grabbed my shit and walked towards the door and pushed it with force to display my frustration and it swung right into a ladies face. She fell to the ground and I walked over. Before I could put my hand out to help her up I heard a scream from inside the bakery. It was the young whiteish black girl. She was yelling "mommy, mommy." I looked down as I stood over a bleeding black lady and shook my head and said "you gotta be f*cking kidding me." I was promptly arrested for assault and charged with a hate-crime.
anyway, I can't keep typing, I only get 15minutes to use the computer. They are assigning my a public defender so I'm pretty much SOL.

Wait...What? Huh...?
10:12 AM on 02/15/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Why do black people use the word "n...a" so loosely in conversation with one another? I have heard it range from "You my n...a" to "You are one dumbass n...a". I recently started playing basketball at a different gym and it is used constantly during games and sometimes directed towards me. I am not stupid, I understand what they mean when they are saying it, but it is something I started questioning since I am around it more often.

They're calling each other lazy.
12:09 PM on 02/15/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
How is this real.
11:24 AM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1290929.html
12:00 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
I've watched the video three times and it was just as appalling each time. Someone on my Facebook tried to justify it by saying that the girls are young and that their perspectives will change over time, even going as far as saying she feels bad for them because "the internet will let it haunt them for the rest of their lives."

So, uh, then perhaps they shouldn't have posted such a vitriolic, race-charged video on the internet?

And I've seen nothing in my life to suggest that people who think like this in high school actually change. I know people that STILL talk this way.

Fuck.
08:23 PM on 03/26/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Not sure that this has anything to do with race, but I went shooting with a friend (who's black) today in a small town not too far from here, and we found the remains of a building (just pillars). Looked pretty cool, and it was in an open area next to a house and an apartment complex. Absolutely no "No Trespassing" signs or anything. Well, first we noticed graffiti that said, "FUCK NIGERS [sic]," and we turned to each other and thought that maybe we weren't in the best area, but we continued to snap photos. All of a sudden, some guy opens the door to his deck and stands watching us for a minute, and then decides to start screaming at us to "GET OUT, YOU'S TRESPASSING" and then his wife joined him and started screaming, "GEEETTTT OUTTTAAAAA HEEEE.'" Almost started shooting photos of them but decided not to start trouble.

Not sure if that had anything to do with race, but I thought I'd share. Place was a hellhole--confederate flags everywhere, people staring as down from trucks, etc. Honestly never felt more uncomfortable in my life.
08:44 PM on 03/26/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Oh and one time I opened the Trayvon Martin thread.
10:25 PM on 06/06/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Hardcore Pawn.
03:09 PM on 06/17/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
Apparently blacks are convicted of crimes less than whites because "judges feel sorry for them." That is a quote from a police officer. The fuck.
05:28 PM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
For those of you who have access to scholarly journals:

"Race and Poverty in America: Public Misperceptions and the American News Media" Martin Gilens

Abstract:

Found a free link: http://www.professorreed.com/Gilens_...ws _media.pdf

Guess this is where my night is headed.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums