Staff Member
Fucking Illuminati built them, not Egyptians
05:58 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
How did I know you made this scab of a thread before I even clicked on it?
06:04 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Wow, beat me to it, hahaha.

Haha great fucking minds think alike my friend.

So you're from Texas--has the fascist Obamacare regime in place down there in red state Texas made YOU get an RFID chip implanted yet? Surely they have...
07:09 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
I have more of a problem with people like NewAge who make this out to be part of some ridiculous neo-communist conspiracy somehow tied to OBAMACARE of all things--which is a health care reform act established by a fairly middle-of-the-road moderate president--and also the girl who is challenging the RFID chips because they might be a sign of the apocalypse (as foretold in Revelation) than I do with the actual idea of students being required to carry an ID badge that has an RFID chip on it.

That being said, while I'm sure this seemed like a great idea in the abstract to the administrators of the school, I don't think you can require all students to carry a tracking device. Even though kids do give up some liberties when they enter a public school obviously, this seems to be a bit too much, in my personal opinion. As someone who works in public schools, I understand why this would seem like a good idea, but I also understand why there has been such a backlash from parents and students. However, it's not worthy of the hoopla and national attention it's getting.
08:46 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Yeah..because it totally isn't in the bill (it is), it wasn't tested and approved for human use (has been).

Let me guess, you didn't even read al of the HR bills.

OF COURSE NOT. Otherwise you wouldn't say it can't be tied in with Obamacare. There is no debate about it. There is only a debate on when Obamacare will use it and if it will be enforced.

Funny you should mention that! Yes actually I have! I took a class that kind of focused on policy reform in this country in the last twenty years back in the spring and we studied the bills very extensively. What else you got?
09:31 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Your class must be really misinformed then, if you went over pg. 1505 of HR 3962, you would already know of the RFID chips and what can come from them.
No. It does not. There is no mention of microchips anywhere in HR 3962. You are 100% incorrect. I just re-read that section of the bill and I would like to kindly request that you remove your head from your anal cavity and start behaving like a rational and intelligent being, if you even have the capacity to do so.
09:35 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
I'm only basing things on reality. I have not claimed that they will insert RFID chips in us... All I said was that this is the beginning of something that could possibly turn into something bigger. Will it? I don't know. But I have no doubt that if the government wants to track you, they will... and a chip is not going to be necessary, but will make things easier for them

This is somewhat more reasonable. I understand why, from a neo-conservative or libertarian point of view, the possible precedent set by the Texas case could be unsettling. In the end it comes down to one's personal philosophy concerning the role of government, just as a lot of things do I suppose.

What baffles me is the batshit crazy conspiracy theory nonsense that NewAge is spewing.
09:38 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
To back up my man DHark's Snopes link, for any conservatives (or anyone) questioning what several of us are saying about RFID chips and Obamacare and understandably don't want to go digging through the PDF of HR 3962, here's a post by a blog called "Fellowship of the Minds" who call themselves "Conservatives who love America" that also dispels that irresponsible and unfounded rumor. Let's move past this y'all.
09:40 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
God damn, how can people keep being so mislead?

media

To whom in this thread are you referring?
10:17 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
"a class III"; or "a class II device that is implantable, life supporting or life-sustaining" (HR 4872, pg.1014, lines 15-17; similar language is found in HR 3962, pg.1502, lines 16-17), and to put the safety data into a publicly accessible electronic database..."the term 'data' refers to information respecting a device described in paragraph (1), including claims data, patient survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the Secretary." (HR 4872, pg. 1017, line 3-9; HR 3962, pg. 1505, line 13-18).
Dude. That doesn't mean RFID chips. At all. Come on. Like someone said, that sounds a whole lot like the fucking PACEMAKER your goddamn GRANDPA might have, not a tracking device.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure we can blame his stupidity on the the usual right-wing media suspects. His idiocy is of a peculiarly original nature.
11:34 AM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
It's like they have absolutely no concept of what a slippery slope fallacy is.
Yup, exactly.

An implantable pacemaker, than can be used to analysis anything deemed appropriate by the secretary?
I'm done.

03:25 PM on 11/27/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
This is the exact thread I was hoping for.

Fuck this thread haha
07:10 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Flown through Denver before. Pretty cool airport, lots of natural light and plenty of attractive people there haha.

That's all I got.
12:47 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
One thread for all you crazy people's bullshit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets