AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: D Henry Fenton - 10.10.12

D Henry Fenton - 10.10.12

Interviewed by
D Henry Fenton - 10.10.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

D Henry Fenton

www.dhenryfenton.com

1. How did you get your band name?
Its my full name with the first letter of my Christian name (Danger). I wanted my name to be like a writers name (i.e. F Scott Fitzgerald). I call the players in my band The Elizabethans because of Henry being a king's name. So we are affectionately called by our fans "D Henry Fenton & The Elizabethans".

2. How did this band get started?
Through a club in LA called Cranes Hollywood Tavern. We all met there and gradually started building the band after hanging out and playing in Hollywood.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Smiths, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, Drive By Truckers, The Decemberists, REM…good songwriters…

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would love us to tour with The Drive By Truckers because they have built their fan base through hard work and great songs. I really admire them a lot. Hhmmm...... a famous band to tour with? Heck, let's say The Beatles. Imagine seeing their show and hanging out!?

5. Best food to eat on tour?
Healthiest food is Subway sandwiches and unsalted almonds.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we have something to say…it's in the words. Also there are some nice guitar licks and cool chord changes…

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
A famous Cricketer back in Australia called Don Bradman because he was so respected and was a real gentleman.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
If we won a grammy for this album I would thank Flight Without Wings Music, The fans, my mum and dad, my daughter and the good lord above who bestowed on me a little bit of talent to have fun with on this earth.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That commercial radio wasn’t under so much control by people that don’t even care about music.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Having a beer and a smoke with the guys from Crowded House while playing Sam Cooke songs on the piano.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great place to discover new music.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Black Is The Color"

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Colorado

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
American Pie, The Theme from Skippy, T Rex, Bob Dylan

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to fly because it would be so much fun.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Always take my wallet, phone and keys out of my pockets so I don’t carry any earthly troubles while I am channeling the songs.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I have seen a time traveler who vanished into thin air right in front of my eyes…now they know of course.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Well...I love NPR and classical stuff. Commercial radio, not so much. My old band in Australia got commercial FM airplay, so I think we could do it with this band here in the US.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Read, hang out with girls, and swim.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I am kind of psychic and can see things before they happen.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
06:44 AM on 11/17/12
tender
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Shell Springboard competition is now in Replica Handbags its eighth year and is looking to offer, no strings attached, funding to small to Chanel Handbags 2012 medium sized businesses in the UK who are "smart, quick and full of replica chanel watches ideas, but (are) finding financial support difficult to obtain".
07:33 PM on 12/17/12
jiony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Taking this Rolex gold steel ladies Datejust series for rolex replica example, oyster series will be the model of every detail among the wristwatches. It is used the replica rolex noble metal with excellent function, precise, waterproof and automatic winding technology. In addition, rolex replica watches was verified through Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC) in every produced process.
11:07 PM on 01/04/13
xiaogongzhu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
North Deal with will be northface outlet a business based in U . s as well as ended up being set up from the 12 months 1960. The work ended up being the northface outlet started by way of company which includes a shop intended for Hill climbers. Soon after the idea became the title the north face outlet since North Deal with.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos