1. How did you get your band name? Ryan - We sat down at a table, made a list of words and mixed them up until we came up with Call To Attraction. We also wanted something that sounded good if you said, "I can't wait to see Call To Attraction tonight" or "Call To Attraction is headlining this tour." Josh - Ryan and Dylan had already had a name for the band when I joined. Dylan - Me and Ryan created the name back with our first bass player, Josh Law. Joe - The band name was formed before I joined the group.
2. How did this band get started? Ryan - Joe lived very close to me and my brother so we always jammed and eventually started playing out together. We then met Josh over Craigslist. Josh - It was started by Ryan and Dylan a year or so before I joined. Dylan - Three of us grew up together in the same neighborhood. Started off jamming in our basements and then we expanded and found Josh in West Virginia Joe - Ryan and Dylan started the band while we were in school together.
3. What bands are you influenced by? Ryan - Green Day, Blink 182, The Beatles, Simple Plan, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and so many more. Those bands really inspired me to write the way I write. Josh - NFG, Sum 41, blink-182, etc. I also am influenced by bands like Boston, Journey, Rush, Styx and other stuff like that. Dylan - The Beatles, The Maine, Avenged Sevenfold, All American Rejects, could go on forever. Joe - I'm inspired by all styles and types of music. But the bands that have influenced me the most are The Beatles, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Rise Against because of the message they give to their fans.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Ryan - A tour with us, Mayday Parade and Simple Plan would be legit. They would be great dudes to tour with because it looks like they have a lot of fun, and that's what we are all about. Josh - A band right now that I would love to tour with would be Set Your Goals because they know how to have a great time on tour and put on an awesome show. I would have loved to tour with Michael Jackson, I couldn't think of a better touring and live show experience. Dylan - Breathe Carolina and All Time Low because they know how to party! Joe - All Time Low. We'd put on an amazing show together and have so great parties after the shows.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Ryan - Pizza with bacon will always have a soft spot in my heart. Pizza in general is amazing. Josh - Sheetz haha! Or any kind of fast food. Dylan - Great Value foods at Walmart Joe - Peanut butter and Jelly by far. It's delicious and perfect for the musician on a budget.
6. Why should people listen to your band? Ryan - In C2A, we have a bunch of catchy songs and we want the world to hear them. A good melody can't go unheard. It's amazing to see how songs can change people for the better or move them in a certain way. I want to be able to offer that to our fans. Josh - Because we have a catchy yet unique sound and I feel all our songs people can relate to in one way or another. Dylan - We have catchy songs and all we want to do is spread the love for music Joe - We put everything we have into our music but still find a way to maintain being a fun band to listen to that offers something for everybody.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Ryan - I would totally switch with Travis Pastrana. I would love to ride a dirt bike like this dude. Josh - hmmm, I guess any of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Maybe Ben Roethlisberger since he's the QB. Dylan - Magic Johnson Joe - Marc Andre Fleury, the goalie for the Pittsburgh Penguins. He's an amazing athlete and has a great sense of humor.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Ryan - My family and friends, my band mates, my producers Kenneth Mount and Zack Odom and all of C2A's fans for all the support. Josh - My parents for letting me pursue this crazy dream. My family and girlfriend for all their support. Plus, of course, my crazy awesome band mates. Dylan - My family for all the support they gave me Joe - My Mom since she's supported me every step of the way.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? Ryan - Lately I've been seeing a ton of bands fail because of lack of creative control. You have to let the artist be the artist. Josh - I would make it so that the artist would have a more guaranteed pay check and not as much money would be put into production and flashy things. Dylan - I would like to see some management not screw over some bands. Joe - I'd change back to how things used to be where musicians had more freedom to experiment with their music and more creative control over their careers.
10. Memorable tour experience? Ryan - Every tour experience is my favorite. But if I had to pick I would say the last tour we just got off of. The tour got cut short which sucked, but we all became really good friends with the bands we were on tour with. We all decided to stay another night at a Motel 6 and party hard. Josh - Wow, so many. I'd say the last night of our last summer tour. It was one of the best shows we've played and the after party was fun too.... haha. Dylan - Watching some dude dressed up as a school girl pole dance around hundreds of people. Joe - Having my birthday in NYC and the after party with forget me in Vegas.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? Ryan - To me it's a site I can visit if I want to find out about new bands or read up on the ones I already know. Josh - A lot, it keeps me up to date with bands I like and the music industry. Dylan - I like how AP helps out all bands, not just ones that have reached the top. They show great support for all and I really admire that. Joe - It's a very informative website. I like that they cover art as well as music. I was impressed by the wide range and styles of music they cover.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Ryan - I love playing "Katie". We open our set with that song and it's great to come out with a lot of energy. Josh - "Good Day". It's just a really pumped up song and fun to play. Dylan - "Good Day", AAAwesome drum fillz Joe - "Good Day", it's a very up tempo song. It's also great for getting the crowd involved.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Ryan - Ocean City, MD because we go there every year and its always a blast. Josh - Ocean City, Maryland.... hands down. Dylan - Anywhere in Europe Joe - Ocean City, Maryland. It's always a good time there and I get to see a lot of my family.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Ryan - The Rolling Stones and The Beatles. Josh - The Beatles for sure. They're my mom's favorite band and we would always listen to them on long trips. Dylan - Nirvana and Sum 41 Joe - The Doors, they're my dad's favorite band. I was always listening to them growing up.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Ryan - Incredible strength to impress girls. Josh - It's really hard to just pick one.... haha. Probably to be able to fly. It would be the greatest way to get away from it all when you're souring above the clouds. Dylan - Air Bending from Avatar The Last Airbender, because, you know...YOU CAN FLY! Joe - I've always wanted to fly just so I can see the world.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Ryan - We basically hype each other up right before we play. Josh - Not really. I just tell myself this is why I'm here, this is why I'm alive.... to put on an awesome show for people and have them hear my music. Dylan - Watch Josh run around half naked because we hide his pants. Joe - I'm not really the superstitious type, I do try to stretch out before every show.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Ryan - I was really into motocross and used to racing dirt bikes. I got hurt too many times and I decided it wasn't worth it... haha. Josh - Probably that I'm sort of a "geek," if you will. I LOVE Dragonball Z and Pokemon. I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan. I love Sonic The Hedgehog and Mario. I'm a big Marvel and DC buff too; I love super heroes. The list just goes on and on... haha. Dylan - I read story books all day every day Joe - I have a wide taste of music. Most fans are surprised to hear me talk about blues, 70's funk, or early punk. Sometimes people assume when you play in a pop punk band that you exclusively listen to pop music.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? Ryan - I think our music is very radio friendly. The radio is still a really good tool to get people to listen to your music. Josh - I think radio is extremely main stream, and I don't have a problem with that but it wouldn't hurt to throw in some underground stuff every now and again. I definitely think that we would fit in great on the radio. Our songs are very ear friendly. Dylan - Radio has a ton of hip hop, but I still feel we could fit in. Joe - I don't mind the current state of radio. Although sometimes radio gets a little bit consumed in top 40. I feel like our music is catchy enough to fit in with top 40 but is also heavy enough to attract a wider range of people.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Ryan - I'm usually hanging out with my friends watching Netflix or playing PS3. Josh - I like to watch movies and write songs. Dylan - Play Pokemon Joe - I love to record and produce music in my spare time.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Ryan - I can make really good chocolate chip waffles. Josh - I'm big on creating my own cartoons and stuff. Before music was in the picture I used to make comic books and I really wanted to be a cartoonist. I also make a mean bowl of mac and cheese. Dylan - Disc Golfing! Joe - I'm extremely flexible.