When we started back in 2008, we didn't really sound like most bands from our area so we wanted a name that strayed away from what everyone else was trying to do. So our drummer Cory came up with To the Wind and right away it fit, and it's been stuck ever since.
2. How did this band get started?
A few of us are family members that have a strong musical background, and over the years been messing around with different kinds of music together for fun. In 2008 we wanted to start taking it seriously, so we added two friends to make it complete. Shortly after we started playing shows heavily in our local scene, and a couple member changes later we're still pushing.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We have way too many influences to name as a band, but the big ones for us would definitely be Love is Red, Brand New, Pearl Jam, Killswitch Engage and Pantera.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Terror first off because their shows are so intense with so much emotion. Another would be Underoath, we've always been fans of them since they started. And of course Every Time I Die because they rule, and would be the most fun to tour with.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
When we get the chance, California Burritos.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We are very passionate about what we do and what we stand for. We feel like we have something meaningful in the music and lyrics that we can share with others, in hopes that they can feel what we feel.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Russell Wilson (QB-Seahawks) So the Seahawks could keep a winning record this season.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Family, Friends and Fans. And everyone that helped us along the way.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
At this point, we don't know what we would change or where we would start.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Hitting the east coast this last summer for the first time was such a memorable experience. But New York City was for sure the most fun and something none of us could ever forget.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Reviews, promotion, and forums for fans and bands alike.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of ours, probably "In Regret" off our upcoming re-release 'No More Than This'. Of someone elses, definitely 'Back To School' by Deftones.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
From the places we've been so far, San Diego is where most of us would vacation back to.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
All rap and rock of the 80's and 90's.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Probably to hear peoples thoughts. Not really sure why, it would just be cool to hear what everyone was thinking.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We're not very superstitious, but some pre-show rituals we have are obviously vocal warm ups and lots of stretching together. Nothing too crazy or unusual.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our vocalist Tanner and guitarist Ryan are brothers, and our drummer Cory is their first cousin. Some people know, but the majority of people don't.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We actually listen to the radio a lot on the road, most places have different music, so its cool to hear how different the stations are. I definitely think it's possible for us to become popular on the radio, there's actually some stations we would fit really well on.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We play and watch a lot of sports in our free time. We've even gotten really good at a game called speedminton. Any sport we get the chance to play, especially on the road we'll take it.
Since its inception in Chanel Replica Handbags 1974, the Small Business Institute (SBI) at the University of St. Thomas has been instrumental in chanel handbags outlet the success and growth of many businesses in the Twin Cities area. SBI leverages UST business faculty and students to discount chanel bags provide exceptional business consulting and has helped sharpen and inform more than 2,100 small businesses and nonprofit organizations.