Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts
12:34 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Look at me. spreading the Christmas cheer.

(pleeeease don't be Christmas songs...)
12:45 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
i want an EP of songs i can listen to all year to tide me over until their full length next year. that's all i want for christmas, dammit.
01:03 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
I would be shocked if they, at this stage in their lives and careers and ages, released music like that. I would bet they have a lot of fun making music together. I just don't think it's gonna sound like when they were in their early 20s.
i agree. and if they DO do it, it'll just seem sad and forced. "Santa sucked my dick and I fucked Rudolph!!!" wouldn't translate as well coming from guys in their late 30s/early 40s...
01:09 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
I'm really interested to see if this is actually Christmas themed. Really want to hear the Box Car Racer influenced track. Also, Mark talked about the EP/ upcoming full length, I remember thinking that it seemed like the EP might be joke songs. He said something like "they will start recording for "real" in feb"
i took that as "we will start seriously getting to business on the new album in feb." not "the EP is a joke, but the full length is REAL."
01:17 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Any chance of the Blinkumentary being included in these bundles? EP to go with the DVD? hmm...
one can only hope!
01:21 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Weren't they supposed to release and actually Christmas album a long time ago (like between TOYPAJ and their self-titeld)? I actually kinda want this to be like that
haha i don't think i remember ever hearing anything about that. i feel like new-school Christmas albums are so hoaky... i figured this would be an EP of a few new (non-holiday) songs so they could play some new stuff on their upcoming Australian tour. but i'm not sure what to think anymore, haha.
01:27 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Compared to two+ years of the band missing their self and label-imposed deadlines and hardly working in a room together?

That's a jarring, and shocking, difference to most people I think.
if the songs were already written though, a week is plenty of time to actually record an EP's worth of material. they could have written these songs while on the road this summer maybe.
01:29 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
work your magic, Jason!
01:36 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
They did a Europe and U.S. reunion tour followed by a bunch of postponements in terms of album release and touring, then they did a world tour following the album's release. It took them longer than any other recently reunited band to release their album. The recording process that has gone on for this new release could not be any more different from their last recording process. Maybe it's because there's no label - maybe it's because they're together and not emailing tracks - maybe it's because they already had the songs written. But there's no denying that this is a complete one-eighty two from how they wrote and recorded for the last LP.

fixed
01:59 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
It could be an EP of serious Christmas songs. If a band like Jimmy Eat World or Bayside did that, people would be psyched.
i honestly could get behind that. but if it's dorky shit, i'm not going to listen to that much. i just don't get into hoaky Christmas stuff anymore.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos