AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts.
11:41 AM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Wait..could this actually be a Christmas-themed EP full of songs like Happy Holidays...? Imagine if they did that.
12:18 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
If you think the band's gonna do songs like "I Won't Be Home for xmas" or "Happy Holidays" you haven't been paying attention to Blink-182. That would shock me to my absolute core.
It's also shocking that the band got together within one week and recorded a whole EP
12:25 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Not all that shocking.
Compared to two+ years of the band missing their self and label-imposed deadlines and hardly working in a room together?

That's a jarring, and shocking, difference to most people I think.
12:30 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
What label will this be put out on?
independent
12:49 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I have no idea why we compare "recent reunited bands" -- as though any of them are even close to the same level of popularity or size as Blink 182. Nor do I understand why we expect or demand a band to rush their time if they don't feel like that's in the best interest of what they do for a living ... make music.

How do you know? Are you in the studio with them this time and last? You have zero evidence to argue that this recording process could not be "any more different from their last" -- absolutely no way you can know that.
I would say that repeated interview from Travis, Mark, and Tom stating that they worked in three separate studios last time and that for future material they will be recording in one room (like this EP) is 100% of the evidence most people are talking about?
01:04 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
It could be an EP of serious Christmas songs. If a band like Jimmy Eat World or Bayside did that, people would be psyched.

JEW doing that would be rad
01:26 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
You know they wrote songs in the same room last time, too, right?

I'm not saying writing songs. I'm saying recording. They recorded this in a week in one studio. That's 100% different than the last process. There can't be any argument about that when each member has said it repeatedly. Many fans complained that they felt the album would've been better if recorded in one room. Therefore, many are shocked and excited that this recording process is a 180 flip from the last.
01:34 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
You know they wrote AND recorded some of the songs in the same room last time too, right? And that they recorded some songs on the S/T album not all in the "same room" too, right? And that Travis usually records drums and doesn't spend as much time in the studio after that, right?

I do know that. I'm aware as well that Travis usually recorded drums and went out on tour with Transplants or someone else - as shown in Cheetah's Untitled videos. But they also lived in a house together and Mark and Tom were together.

I find this different because members have explicitly stated that they think this material will be better because the process last time was so different. Which shows it was different from prior albums pre-hiatus as well. And frankly, if Travis was in the studio 100% of the time, that's a shocking difference from all of their last processes too, isn't it?
01:40 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
If you're aware, why are you making claims of a 180 degree turn? Something that implies, directly, that the band did not record in the same room for songs last time? Or that this new recording (which we don't have much information about) is completely different than any time before? We have none of that information -- making any claim is just disingenuous conjecture.

The band members always say shit like that. They said their last album was the best thing ever, etc., as well ... their statements have always been that whatever they're currently working on is "better" -- that's how most bands are. I don't think Travis IS in the studio 100% of the time. I don't think any of them are in the studio 100% of the time. I think to make any such claim is flat out ignorant of how bands record.

I meant that Travis did not leave for tour mid week in the process. Not that anyone of them never walked down the street or went to a doctors appointment while Mark was tracking bass or Tom doing vocals.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums