Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 127.
12:27 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Compared to two+ years of the band missing their self and label-imposed deadlines and hardly working in a room together?

That's a jarring, and shocking, difference to most people I think.
if the songs were already written though, a week is plenty of time to actually record an EP's worth of material. they could have written these songs while on the road this summer maybe.
12:27 PM on 11/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Can someone clear this up for me is this going to be a Christmas theme EP or an EP of new material? I thought it was the latter but I'm confused now!
No one knows yet.
12:29 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
work your magic, Jason!
12:30 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
What label will this be put out on?
independent
12:34 PM on 11/12/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I still think people grossly misrepresent the time the band spent together writing songs. And this ignores all the time together on tour, etc. The band was touring like crazy, had other projects, and I'd assume recorded probably an EPs worth of songs in just as little of time.
They did a Europe and U.S. reunion tour followed by a bunch of postponements in terms of album release and touring, then they did a world tour following the album's release. It took them longer than any other recently reunited band to release their album. The recording process that has gone on for this new release could not be any more different from their last recording process. Maybe it's because there's no label - maybe it's because they're together and not emailing tracks - maybe it's because they already had the songs written. But there's no denying that this is a complete one-eighty from how they wrote and recorded for the last LP.
12:35 PM on 11/12/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
I am starting to fear the blinkumentary will end up like the head automatica cd that didn't get released. blink-182 leaves the label and the label owns the rights and never releases it.
12:36 PM on 11/12/12
spooky2k
'something witty'
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Loving the work ethic of Blink now. The EPs and merch that AVA put out was amazing (the LOVE bundles rocked) and I always hoped Blink would have that kind of quality of merch (turns out they didn't). It seems as if now that they're not attached to anyone telling them how it should be, certain member/s have found their passion in it again and get to decide what the band is as three close friends.

Plus, a band like blink doesn't need a record label anymore.

Edit: I don't mean to suggest they weren't touring like crazy and working hard before, I just mean they seem artistically reinvigorated to go for it.
12:36 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
They did a Europe and U.S. reunion tour followed by a bunch of postponements in terms of album release and touring, then they did a world tour following the album's release. It took them longer than any other recently reunited band to release their album. The recording process that has gone on for this new release could not be any more different from their last recording process. Maybe it's because there's no label - maybe it's because they're together and not emailing tracks - maybe it's because they already had the songs written. But there's no denying that this is a complete one-eighty two from how they wrote and recorded for the last LP.

fixed
12:40 PM on 11/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
They did a Europe and U.S. reunion tour followed by a bunch of postponements in terms of album release and touring, then they did a world tour following the album's release. It took them longer than any other recently reunited band to release their album. The recording process that has gone on for this new release could not be any more different from their last recording process. Maybe it's because there's no label - maybe it's because they're together and not emailing tracks - maybe it's because they already had the songs written. But there's no denying that this is a complete one-eighty from how they wrote and recorded for the last LP.
I have no idea why we compare "recent reunited bands" -- as though any of them are even close to the same level of popularity or size as Blink 182. Nor do I understand why we expect or demand a band to rush their time if they don't feel like that's in the best interest of what they do for a living ... make music.

How do you know? Are you in the studio with them this time and last? You have zero evidence to argue that this recording process could not be "any more different from their last" -- absolutely no way you can know that.
12:46 PM on 11/12/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Color me a tad excited.

Might it be a Christmas EP?
12:46 PM on 11/12/12
seventwenty3
User Info.
I would be shocked if they, at this stage in their lives and careers and ages, released music like that. I would bet they have a lot of fun making music together. I just don't think it's gonna sound like when they were in their early 20s.
Yeah I was just asking because you seem so adamant about it, wanted to see why.
12:49 PM on 11/12/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I have no idea why we compare "recent reunited bands" -- as though any of them are even close to the same level of popularity or size as Blink 182. Nor do I understand why we expect or demand a band to rush their time if they don't feel like that's in the best interest of what they do for a living ... make music.

How do you know? Are you in the studio with them this time and last? You have zero evidence to argue that this recording process could not be "any more different from their last" -- absolutely no way you can know that.
I would say that repeated interview from Travis, Mark, and Tom stating that they worked in three separate studios last time and that for future material they will be recording in one room (like this EP) is 100% of the evidence most people are talking about?
12:52 PM on 11/12/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.

Ahhh fair enough. When I clicked that link and saw stockings with their names on it proper threw me off but I suppose it could be a Christmas tee design or something. I'm hoping for some new original tracks myself but I'll take any new Blink aha.
12:53 PM on 11/12/12
ChaseTx
It could be an EP of serious Christmas songs. If a band like Jimmy Eat World or Bayside did that, people would be psyched.
12:59 PM on 11/12/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
It could be an EP of serious Christmas songs. If a band like Jimmy Eat World or Bayside did that, people would be psyched.
i honestly could get behind that. but if it's dorky shit, i'm not going to listen to that much. i just don't get into hoaky Christmas stuff anymore.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums