Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
but who knows if they'll record all these songs or not
Thanks, I completely missed that.
01:13 PM on 11/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Not sure what the odds of this are, but looks like Travis Barker did an interview and says that the recording process was totally different cause they were all in the same room this time. He said it made the EP 100 times better than the last album. Weird!

So you just don't read my actual comments do you? Jesus Christ you're thick.
01:19 PM on 11/13/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
So you just don't read my actual comments do you? Jesus Christ you're thick.
Quote:
How do you know? Are you in the studio with them this time and last? You have zero evidence to argue that this recording process could not be "any more different from their last" -- absolutely no way you can know that.

Evidence to argue that this recording process is in fact different:

Quote:
"To me already, this EP is a hundred times better than Neighborhoods," says Barker, referring to the band's 2011 reunion album. "Because we're all in a room together." The trio recorded nearly all of Neighborhoods remotely, emailing the tracks back and forth to each other. "There's some songs on there that I love, but for the most part it was disconnected," Barker recalls. "It was like, 'You do this part in your studio, and then you're gonna play on it and send it back to me.' When we're not in the studio together, you don't have the opportunity to gel off each other.
01:21 PM on 11/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Evidence to argue that this recording process is in fact different:

"Nearly all" - which was crux of everything I said. That they recorded an EPs worth of material in the same room last time as well. I did not say it was all the same or different. You did. If anything Travis comments back me up: nearly.
01:24 PM on 11/13/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
"Nearly all" - which was crux of everything I said. That they recorded an EPs worth of material in the same room last time as well. I did not say it was all the same or different. You did. If anything Travis comments back me up: nearly.
So you're going to extrapolate and guess that "nearly all" means that they recorded "an EP's worth of material in the same room last time as well"? And that Travis' comments today back up your theory of this more than the theory Zack and I posited?

Quote:
No, you're drawing assumptions from barely related facts. You're taking things you know and extrapolating them to be evidence of the whole. That's assumption, not fact. .... Sure, you're allowed to just make guesses all you want ... I mean, more power to you, you should just be aware that's all you're doing: guessing.
01:26 PM on 11/13/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
Well, I will say this, although bands do like to puff their albums up and are always going to say that their new work is their best work I do sense a little bit of truth here. I get that Blink may have had some similarities and differences in the way they recorded this and the way they recorded Neighborhoods but I really don't see how you could argue that the recording of this album isn't different then the their last. The dynamic seems different, the band says it's different. They sat in the studio and made all of the music together...this makes me happy. I enjoyed Neighborhoods but it was not as good as Untitled. This new stuff may be better than Untitled.
01:29 PM on 11/13/12
Elementzmean
User Info.
So you're going to extrapolate and guess that "nearly all" means that they recorded "an EP's worth of material in the same room last time as well"? And that Travis' comments today back up your theory of this more than the theory Zack and I posited?
You might as well not even bother arguing with Jason Tate, he's one of those kind of people that thinks he's always right and doesn't listen to reasoning from anybody no matter how wrong he is. While he should go drown himself in a toilet, you should be the bigger man and just ignore his stupid over sized ego's comments. I also don't see how Travis's statement backs up what he said at all. I guess some people see stuff that isn't there when they think they're always right.
01:32 PM on 11/13/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
You might as well not even bother arguing with Jason Tate, he's one of those kind of people that thinks he's always right and doesn't listen to reasoning from anybody no matter how wrong he is. While he should go drown himself in a toilet, you should be the bigger man and just ignore his stupid over sized ego's comments. I also don't see how Travis's statement backs up what he said at all. I guess some people see stuff that isn't there when they think they're always right.
I disagree with nearly everything you just said. Jason and I have a good relationship and talked pretty frequently especially over the summer. I write for his website and I wouldn't write for it if I thought any of those things about him.
01:38 PM on 11/13/12
Elementzmean
User Info.
I disagree with nearly everything you just said. Jason and I have a good relationship and talked pretty frequently especially over the summer. I write for his website and I wouldn't write for it if I thought any of those things about him.
Well I might be wrong about everything, that's just the way he comes off calling people stupid for stating their opinions on a website.
01:42 PM on 11/13/12
Ashe
You need a mortician baby
User Info.
While that guys statement was kind of dramatic (I don't think he should be drowning himself), what he is saying is true. Maybe you don't see it because you don't want to, but Tate does insult people for stating an opinion different than his, and he NEVER admits that he is wrong, and if it starts to look that way, he drops the old "MY SITE MY RULES" shit. Just the way it is.
01:52 PM on 11/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

I know an EP is 3-5 songs. And I know what songs the band wrote all together and such.
01:53 PM on 11/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
While that guys statement was kind of dramatic (I don't think he should be drowning himself), what he is saying is true. Maybe you don't see it because you don't want to, but Tate does insult people for stating an opinion different than his, and he NEVER admits that he is wrong, and if it starts to look that way, he drops the old "MY SITE MY RULES" shit. Just the way it is.
Except it's not the way it is - at all.
05:18 PM on 11/13/12
dirty sanchez
WHATEVER ELSE YOU DO STAY TRUE
User Info.
I think everyone needs to calm down and celebrate this news. No time for bickering and bitching on the interwebz.
06:04 PM on 11/14/12
babyrib
Iridescent
User Info.
a much needed dose of blink.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT