AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Stolen News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24.
03:59 PM on 11/13/12
NickNodirection
User Info.
Gunz you have fucking no clue where that venue is in Montreal. This is very unusual for l'esco since it's on Mount-Royal avenue an extremely passing street. The venue you were referring to is either the Underworld or the Club Soda. Both venues are close to sketchy alleys, in very poor neighborhoods. I have to agree with Brian here and get some insurance, if not load out as soon as you are done playing or have someone check the vans and trailers at all time with a crowbar. Seriously i'm pretty sure that if these guys were robbed at l'Esco they must have parked behind the venue or something because it is extremely unusual for a band to get robbed in that part of the town.
06:49 PM on 11/13/12
MATTY-AL4W
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thats awful
11:45 PM on 11/13/12
nate_derby
Nate Derby // Such Gold
User Info.
Montreal is definitely VERY NOTORIOUS for bands' vans to be broken into and/or stolen...keep a vigilant eye up there!
07:48 AM on 11/14/12
scormier2
User Info.
Gunz you have fucking no clue where that venue is in Montreal. This is very unusual for l'esco since it's on Mount-Royal avenue an extremely passing street. The venue you were referring to is either the Underworld or the Club Soda. Both venues are close to sketchy alleys, in very poor neighborhoods. I have to agree with Brian here and get some insurance, if not load out as soon as you are done playing or have someone check the vans and trailers at all time with a crowbar. Seriously i'm pretty sure that if these guys were robbed at l'Esco they must have parked behind the venue or something because it is extremely unusual for a band to get robbed in that part of the town.
It was right out front, on St Denis within feet of the venue. Absolutely ridiculous.
08:09 AM on 11/14/12
elenar011
I'd like a waldorf salad
User Info.
Not coming back? So they punish all their fans in montreal cause they got robbed?
My cousins band got robbed in kamloops, they went to the cops and the media, and guess what, they got their gear back.
And yeah totally retarded for this to happen in front of esco.
09:16 AM on 11/14/12
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
So they're calling to all bands to stop coming to Montreal? Cool.... This is an absolutely douchy move.

How can someone think a couple of damn thieves reflects the general population of a city... I mean, come on.

If the band is thinking like that, fine don't ever come back to Montreal again. But don't ''let other bands knows''.

I'm pissed.

(I'm just gonna add that having all of your gear stolen sucks. I'm not saying it's not a big deal)
10:34 AM on 11/14/12
NickNodirection
User Info.
It was right out front, on St Denis within feet of the venue. Absolutely ridiculous.
I know I looked at their facebook page, it's just wierd and troubling to see that the robbing problem has spread up to Mont Royal and St Denis street... I also witnessed backtrack's van be broken into at the sala rossa on St-Laurent boulevard thankfully nothing of value was stolen. Moral of the story, take care of your gear, your macbook and especially your tour money and passport. Get insurances and make friends in every town you play so you can leave some valuable stuff at their place before the show.
10:35 AM on 11/14/12
NickNodirection
User Info.
So they're calling to all bands to stop coming to Montreal? Cool.... This is an absolutely douchy move.

How can someone think a couple of damn thieves reflects the general population of a city... I mean, come on.

If the band is thinking like that, fine don't ever come back to Montreal again. But don't ''let other bands knows''.

I'm pissed.

(I'm just gonna add that having all of your gear stolen sucks. I'm not saying it's not a big deal)
go read the comments on their facebook page they took that off... couldn't figure out if it was said hypocritically or not though.
10:47 AM on 11/14/12
scormier2
User Info.

I'm pissed.

I was with them when this happened and some of my stuff was in the van(and thankfully wasn't stolen). No where in that post does it say "don't come to Montreal." They were simply letting other bands know the area isn't as safe as it would appear. Nobody would've guessed the shit would get stolen on one of the main streets in Montreal.

People are so quick to jump down bands throats without knowing enough about it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS