AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 37 of 37
10:09 PM on 11/13/12
bobbyblacks
User Info.
Really rare to have someone shake your hand and introduce themselves after a simple compliment on a set. Jeremiah and Mike both did that. Just genuine dudes in a fucking terrible situation. I hope this sparks bands other than Hostage Calm to air out some grievances with Panic records. There are always new labels forming that can do a comparable job to Panic and I would hate to see this keep happening, which apparently is a lot
10:25 PM on 11/13/12
The_Effort
User Info.
Panic's FB is hilarious right now.

I just checked and didn't see anything regarding it. Did they delete it all or something?
11:08 PM on 11/13/12
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
I just checked and didn't see anything regarding it. Did they delete it all or something?
http://www.facebook.com/PanicRecords...51240990328908

"You can believe the spin of Pentimento if you'd like. The band is always the victim in every situation when it comes to band/label disputes and if you side with them and call fowl on Panic Records, that's your choice. Remember there are two sides to every story. I honestly do not care. Pentimento signed a contract and were happy with Panic Records on up until they were offered a deal from another label in which I tried to negotiate the end to their contract so that all parties would be satisfied. Pentimento are the ones that introduced their lawyer into the dealings and I responded with a lawyer as well."
11:09 PM on 11/13/12
The_Effort
User Info.
http://www.facebook.com/PanicRecords...51240990328908

"You can believe the spin of Pentimento if you'd like. The band is always the victim in every situation when it comes to band/label disputes and if you side with them and call fowl on Panic Records, that's your choice. Remember there are two sides to every story. I honestly do not care. Pentimento signed a contract and were happy with Panic Records on up until they were offered a deal from another label in which I tried to negotiate the end to their contract so that all parties would be satisfied. Pentimento are the ones that introduced their lawyer into the dealings and I responded with a lawyer as well."

Thanks. I was interested to read what they had to say.
11:13 PM on 11/13/12
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
Thanks. I was interested to read what they had to say.
The comments are a good read, too. Panic Records is definitely on the defense here. Either way the album is great and if anything they appear to be getting more publicity this way.
11:46 PM on 11/13/12
The_Effort
User Info.
The comments are a good read, too. Panic Records is definitely on the defense here. Either way the album is great and if anything they appear to be getting more publicity this way.

Yeah. I don't know much about the situation, but I know pentimento is a great band and their new album (at least on first listen) is fantastic. I also know that Panic Records put out releases for a couple of my favorite bands like Another Breath and The Effort (obviously), so I don't think I could completely boycott them. I do hope there's a physical release for this pentimento album on another label in the future so I can pick it up though.
12:53 PM on 11/14/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Loving it. These guys are great.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT