Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
11:23 AM on 11/13/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Was Travis Barker there!!!?? How does he know what songs were written together and which ones weren't!!???

/tatejoke
01:07 PM on 11/13/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.

Pretty sure Tate is more in the know than almost everyone else on this site. Not sure why the focus has gone from the band's news to him. Get over it.

Because he's not in the know about this more than anyone that's read interviews with the band, and the AP.Net interview with the engineer for "Neighborhoods." That, and he called anybody that thought the reason the last album blew was because they recorded it in separate studios "idiots." It's not like it was out of the blue.
01:16 PM on 11/13/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.

Seriously though, Travis said what I've always thought about the album. There are some songs I like, but it lacked a direction. It doesn't sound like a cohesive work at all. Can't wait for the EP.
Exactly. I saw Jason tweet that people are going to riot because "They'll have no excuse for why it sucks," which proves he has no defense.

I thought the second half of TOYPAJ sucked - "Give Me One Good Reason," "Shut Up" and "Please Take Me Home" are the lowest rung of the blink totem pole for me. Stylistically, they still fit the album though and through cheetah's video, it showed they recorded most of it together. "Neighborhoods" was like half of an AVA album mixed with +44 and some blink. There was no cohesive nature to all of the madness. It was very obvious parts of it were written without each other's input.
01:31 PM on 11/13/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
I have always felt like post-TOPAJ Blink has been "The Tom Delonge Show".

I would rather it that way, because unless you are playing straightforward punk pop, Hoppus can't keep up. For my sensibilities, Delonge is the stronger song-writer. If there is to be "direction" with the new album, I hope it's Delonge doing the directing.
True. True.
01:33 PM on 11/13/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
This shouldn't be an argument! There was a discussion in the other thread yesterday about one thing - but there's a big difference between an argument and a discussion. We can discuss what we think the band is doing based on public knowledge and this is just more public knowledge about the situation! No need for petty name-calling from anyone.
My favorite Blink hyperbole quotes, from the TOYPAJ era:

"This record is the hardest, fastest record that we've done," DeLonge said from a San Diego studio where the band recently wrapped up recording. "It's way more punk-rock than our previous records, and we're excited about it."

"We expect to be even worse than we were last tour," DeLonge explained. "We want to be, like, so bad that kids come and go, 'Ha ha to you guys.'" "We haven't practiced at all," Hoppus elaborated. "And we haven't even learned the words to the new songs or anything, so it should be good. We're trying to scale it back from last time. Last time we played a few songs really well, and we don't want that this tour. We want it to be a lot more sloppy, a lot less musicianly."
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums