Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
01:32 AM on 11/15/12
punkrawker515
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There are some flashes of pop/punk brilliance here that are kinda marred by cliches.

The opening bit is pretty much exactly the same as Hit The Lights debut, i.e. quick delivery of a complicated multi-syllable message with an answering machine affect on the vocals. That annoyed me right off the bat. Love the harmonies, the verses are great and lyrically it's pretty different. The chorus starts off great until the "we thought we had it all, but something wasn't right, so take it back, cause this could last all night." That doesn't make any fucking sense. Take what back? And I don't understand why the rest of the song is so original, mentioning a specific birthday and birthweight and stuff which is super cool imo, and then going to the the most cliche awful rhyme of right and night in the most repeated part of the song. And then the, "we thought we had it all" or "we'll leave this city behind" parts, good god. How many times have those been used.

Cut the intro, and change the horrible cliche chorus lyrics and this song is awesome. The lyricist is clearly capable of better as evidenced in the rest of the song. Just has to do it. Unfortunately, in it's present state it makes me cringe at those aforementioned moments. Lot of pop/punk potential, just not quite there yet.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos