Username
Password
Canada News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Canada
Inside AP.net

Canadian Music Round-Up (11/18/12)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (11/18/12)
Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
08:20 AM on 11/18/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Canadian Music Round-UpNews That Was Posted This Week:

The Box Tiger Released Some Tour Dates and We Gave Away Two Guest List Spots to the Band's Toronto Show With ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail Of Dead

City and Colour Will Open for P!NK on Her Upcoming Tour

Elos Arma Released the Music Video for "Feet Here" and Some Tour Dates in Southern Ontario and Quebec

Gabrielle Papillon Will Be Touring Across Western Canada

LIGHTS Performed an Acoustic Version of "Peace Sign"

Metric Released the Music Video for "Breathing Underwater"

Moonface Released the Music Video for "Heartbreaking Bravery"

Mother Mother
Released the Music Video for "The Sticks"

Pouzza Fest Organizers Announced the First Batch of Bands That Will Be Performing in Montreal This May

Seaway Covered From First to Last's "Emily"

Tegan and Sara Reveal the Artwork and Track Listing for Heartthrob

Shows That Are Happening This Week:

I saw Gallows on Friday and it was a pretty decent show. I also wrote a little review and you can check it out here.

Otherwise, Stars/Metric, Comeback Kid, Lifestory:Monologueand Cancer Bats/Gwar are still doing shows around the country like I've reported. Looks like the Red Hot Chili Peppers just kicked off a western Canadian tour yesterday in Vancouver. Part of me wants to finally see them, but I don't know if I actually will.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you’d like to submit Canadian news to AbsolutePunk.net, email me at deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net or send me a PM with “Canadian Round-Up” in the subject line. I don't check the news queue often so that's probably the best way if you want to guarantee I'll see it.
08:32 AM on 11/18/12
The.Grim
User Info.
Full schedule is also up now for the Neverending White Lights ON/QC tour dates (http://www.neverendingwhitelights.com/tour/). Really excited to finally get to see him live.
07:45 AM on 11/19/12
mattbp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Might be going to Metric on thursday. They are playing a huge venue for them... Metric shouldn't be allowed to play arenas.
08:05 PM on 11/19/12
The.Grim
User Info.
Might be going to Metric on thursday. They are playing a huge venue for them... Metric shouldn't be allowed to play arenas.
Their new material comes off as very stadium-rock to me....
03:08 PM on 11/20/12
mattbp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their new material comes off as very stadium-rock to me....
Totally. It's clearly what they are trying to do but really? Are they big enough?
05:37 PM on 11/20/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Totally. It's clearly what they are trying to do but really? Are they big enough?

Somehow I'd think so. I was always hearing Metric songs on the radio when Fantasies came out and the band seems to be quite well known.

Plus there's the reality that some bands book arenas because there's no decent mid-sized option in some of these cities. That's the case in Winnipeg, most of the shows I've seen there only draw in 6000-8000 people.
07:55 PM on 11/20/12
mattbp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Somehow I'd think so. I was always hearing Metric songs on the radio when Fantasies came out and the band seems to be quite well known.

Plus there's the reality that some bands book arenas because there's no decent mid-sized option in some of these cities. That's the case in Winnipeg, most of the shows I've seen there only draw in 6000-8000 people.
Same here in Quebec. There is no mid-sized venue. It's either a 2000 persons venue or a coliseum.

Anyways, i'm going to the show on thursday. I'll be tell you guys how it was and how full it was.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests