Male - 24 Years Old
The bias in that article was a little overwhelming
12:23 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
Oh yeah, I'm definitely not refuting that. I'm saying to look at it in a way where it isn't necessarily about liberals, but about anyone who uses the word "intolerant" regularly, regardless of their views. It's kind of interesting to think about how the definition has gotten warped over the years and I'd say it's fair to say that it is misused in a rather negative, contradictory way a lot nowadays. There were just a few quotes in there that really got me thinking a bit.

I'm sure there's been several arguments where "you're intolerant" has been used as kind of a cop-out but overall the tone of this article would suggest that hating racism is just as "intolerant" as hating black people, which I have a huge problem with
01:08 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
Jeff_Ryan
NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
Well, he equates a Christian organization's ire of being labeled a "hate group" as a "cop-out". Forgetting that there was a shooting there as a direct result of said designation.

If you establish an organization around denying a group of people their civl rights, "hate group" probably isn't an inappropriate label. Most people fight to end that kind of intolerance without murdering anybody. Walking into a building and shooting someone is murder and it's wrong. Opposing (or "not tolerating") their intolerance and bigotry, however, is not something I see as hypocritical
01:09 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
Jeff_Ryan
NJ
Male - 24 Years Old
I am completely intolerant of the view that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to be married, that poor people and people of color have the exact same opportunities as everyone else, and other ignorant views.

No problem admitting I'm intolerant of those things. They shouldn't be tolerated, period. I can ignore ignorance sometimes, but I don't have to tolerate it.

Yup

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version