Username
Password

12:45 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
I'm sure there's been several arguments where "you're intolerant" has been used as kind of a cop-out but overall the tone of this article would suggest that hating racism is just as "intolerant" as hating black people, which I have a huge problem with

I don't think the article makes that point at all. In fact, the bolded statement just illustrates the article's point.
12:58 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male

Well, he equates a Christian organization's ire of being labeled a "hate group" as a "cop-out". Forgetting that there was a shooting there as a direct result of said designation.
03:38 PM on 11/18/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
If you establish an organization around denying a group of people their civl rights, "hate group" probably isn't an inappropriate label. Most people fight to end that kind of intolerance without murdering anybody. Walking into a building and shooting someone is murder and it's wrong. Opposing (or "not tolerating") their intolerance and bigotry, however, is not something I see as hypocritical

I'm sorry I disagree, otherwise The Brandy Campaign would be considered a hate group. Any group opposing drug use, groups that are either pro or anti union, PETA, anti-tobacco groups etc would be considered a hate group because their position is to take away or restrict an individual's rights. People are trying to take away my rights or restrict them everyday, are they all bigots?
05:13 AM on 11/19/12 
User Info.
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
Atlanta, Ga
Male
It is not the government/public school's responsibility to teach the christian belief system on creation as part of the "science" curriculum. It can be offered in a religion course maybe, but it is not "science", and thus should not be taught in a science class.

Agreed, schools should stick to the facts. Leave faith to the family and the church.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos