Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 121.
10:07 AM on 11/19/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
The song title doesn't actually have a hashtag in it. When they were promoting the song, they always hashtaged it, of course, to try to get it trending. It actually bugged me reading this review because he kept writing it that way.
Ohhh okay, haha. Makes sense.
10:14 AM on 11/19/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
So Woe retweeted 5 kids last night who said VERY positive things about the album.
I reached out to all those kids on Twitter for their opinions - not interested in criticizing them as much as hearing what they enjoy about the album, and what other bands they listen to.
You can follow it all on my Twitter - @JackMEB.
10:34 AM on 11/19/12
blackmold
Not A Poser
User Info.
So Woe retweeted 5 kids last night who said VERY positive things about the album.
I reached out to all those kids on Twitter for their opinions - not interested in criticizing them as much as hearing what they enjoy about the album, and what other bands they listen to.

I just looked at the answers you got from the guys who like the album and they're pretty funny. Did you honestly think you'd get a real reason from them about why they like it? Props though for trying to get these kids into some better bands.
10:38 AM on 11/19/12
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
Holy shit, that was bad. Its like the same song over and over. I enjoyed Numbers too
10:46 AM on 11/19/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
I just looked at the answers you got from the guys who like the album and they're pretty funny. Did you honestly think you'd get a real reason from them about why they like it? Props though for trying to get these kids into some better bands.
Haha, I'm trying to slowly and respectfully get them to check out legitimate bands.
Hoping for a "GOOD GOD HOW HAVE I BEEN SO WRONG."
10:48 AM on 11/19/12
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
There are seriously about two tracks on this whole thing that are listenable
11:00 AM on 11/19/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
Haha, I'm trying to slowly and respectfully get them to check out legitimate bands.
does that guy seriously think you spell amazing "amayzing"?
11:19 AM on 11/19/12
deadelement
magic asian
User Info.
Yeah this review is pretty much spot on, I still think Tim Sherrill's departure in many ways affected this band more than Tyler. Paiano has been the worst addition to the band soundwise.
11:21 AM on 11/19/12
Chuck!
treat yo self
User Info.
I have no interest in this band and will never listen to this album. If I did I’m sure I’d hate it. But at some point we have to acknowledge that there’s a distinct group who appreciate this stuff and just let it go.

That doesn’t mean the album deserves no review. It should be honestly assessed and, if it deserves a 5% rating, then so be it. Lazy, uninspired music should be labeled as such. There’s a distinction, though, between writing a review and bothering kids on Twitter for your amusement. Yeah, it was overtly respectful, but call a spade a spade: “LOL this kid loves Woe is Me but has never heard of letlive! What an idiot! LULZ!” A lot of kids clearly enjoy simplistic heavy music laden with breakdowns. (Which is why, by the way, that references to Touche Amore and La Dispute are utterly idiotic—those bands couldn’t be more dissimilar from Risecore dreck.)

Instead of not-so-subtly snickering at these kids, let’s focus on promoting the bands more deserving of success. The means of doing that isn’t to convert Woe is Me fans who, by looking at those Twitter responses, listen to a miniscule number of albums compared to the average AP.net poster. Those of us in the “scene” who have been around for awhile, understand its development, and have digested a huge quantity of music can’t allow ourselves to be shocked when a kid in high school hears his first breakdown in an Attack Attack song and thinks holy shit what is this! Shitty music isn’t going anywhere.
11:25 AM on 11/19/12
jenovaproject
User Info.
The fact that you gave Black Diamonds a higher score than this album speaks for itself. I agree with much of the review, but really? Sure the programming is absent on Genesis, but at least it isn't GOD-AWFUL. Sure the interesting guitar work has largely disappeared, but shouldn't some of it have reemerged on Black Diamonds? It didn't. Genesis arguably contains ten minutes of good music. That's over twice as much as Black Diamonds, in my humble opinion.
11:33 AM on 11/19/12
jenovaproject
User Info.
https://twitter.com/jackmeb

Someone has let "staff reviewer" status go to their head apparently.....
11:38 AM on 11/19/12
jenovaproject
User Info.
what does it signify? without the s it's not a word? im not sure. it bothers me. i liked the last record enough when i went through a random scene sing/scream phase earlier this year, but i guess won't be trying this one.
Both album titles are books in the Pentateuch. I don't care how bad Woe Is Me is-- at least they're irreverent hahaha.......
11:47 AM on 11/19/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
/shamelessselfpromotion

http://mindequalsblown.net/2012/11/1...is-me-genesis/

Great review though, Jack.
11:48 AM on 11/19/12
RobbieBerns
The Last Airbender
User Info.
Truly awful album, but I must say, the singer isn't half bad.
11:51 AM on 11/19/12
blackmold
Not A Poser
User Info.

Good luck. The way you're going about this is how everyone should. Unlike people who are just like "you listen to shitty music; listen to this instead."
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS