Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 88 of 88
09:40 AM on 11/20/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
That picture doesn't mean squat diddly.

Could be any one of the Saosin members doing 'studio work' for another project or band. I'm pretty sure Beau is a producer. He could totally be producing or working on something else.

it's possible but then it's just stupid to post it on Saosin's twitter.
10:57 AM on 11/20/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Love the s/t so much, but I'm just tired of hearing about this stuff.
11:54 AM on 11/20/12
beauvais910
User Info.
Bring back Anthony and we'll talk.
12:51 PM on 11/20/12
ShotgunGold
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That EP, the white one, that starts off with 'Seven Years', I've forgotten the name of it.

Can you get it on vinyl anywhere??
02:25 PM on 11/20/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
That EP, the white one, that starts off with 'Seven Years', I've forgotten the name of it.

Can you get it on vinyl anywhere??
It's called Translating the Name. If there are vinyls available, try the interwebs.
03:00 PM on 11/21/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
This pretty sums up my feelings. The band should have kept Cove IMO. While ISOSG was a big let down- it did have some solid jams and I'm sure with the right producer the band could have made a comeback on the follow up.
Exactly, I get ripped everytime I say that too. ISOSG had some solid songs, it would have been better had they used the songs from the "heavy EP" they alwasy talked about. And also Cove, had he taken care of his voice better I think things would have unfolded differently. I personally saw Saosin 3 times, and Cove was spot on each time.
03:29 PM on 11/21/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Exactly, I get ripped everytime I say that too. ISOSG had some solid songs, it would have been better had they used the songs from the "heavy EP" they alwasy talked about. And also Cove, had he taken care of his voice better I think things would have unfolded differently. I personally saw Saosin 3 times, and Cove was spot on each time.

Yeah I saw them only once but he sounded good to me. The band just should have back pedaled a little when they were trying to make both experimental and commercial songs and keep what made their fans love them in the first place in the forefront. If that makes sense. I feel like ISOSG was a band that (ironically) were all over the place and definitely not on solid ground.
04:25 PM on 11/21/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Yeah I saw them only once but he sounded good to me. The band just should have back pedaled a little when they were trying to make both experimental and commercial songs and keep what made their fans love them in the first place in the forefront. If that makes sense. I feel like ISOSG was a band that (ironically) were all over the place and definitely not on solid ground.
That album seemed doomed in many ways from the get go. From outside writers, to producer changes, to the label, to people expecting Saosin II, and the amount of time it took. Like many, I did in fact want a Saosin II....I still do.
05:31 PM on 11/21/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
That album seemed doomed in many ways from the get go. From outside writers, to producer changes, to the label, to people expecting Saosin II, and the amount of time it took. Like many, I did in fact want a Saosin II....I still do.

Yeah i agree, it was definitely odds against them and it didnt end well. I also think their S/T was fantastic with really powerful songs (come close) that still hold up IMO and would love a Saosin II.
10:45 AM on 11/22/12
Erik Bihl
I Like Music
User Info.
YES
08:51 PM on 11/24/12
StartAngry&Mad
Lets get these people moving faster
User Info.
brandon bolmer should do vocals
I've always thought that he'd have been a great fit with them, back in the days of Yesterdays Rising's temporary hiatuses (before it became permanent), and long before he was in Chiodos.
I don't know if Saosin can ever become relevant again? But maybe if they got lucky supporting the right band(s) on the right tour, and if they did manage to kick out a good new record.

Coincidentally I've had the s/t on my phone for the past couple weeks after having ignored it for years, it's still pretty solid, although I think I was always a little let down by it, too similar tempo I think?
08:48 PM on 11/25/12
Zento
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The only way for this band to try and maintain any credibility and respect is to simply start communicating much more with their fans, or better yet: Release a track, a demo, something, as soon as possible with at least some information.

The biggest issue here is that they tell us nothing. It's like Valve with Half-Life 3 but at least we know that is actually happening...
01:11 AM on 11/28/12
NJDevils1214
It takes a bit more.
User Info.
I really liked Translating the Name. Even their S/T fell a little short to me. It is incredibly popular but I really liked the EP. They caged Alex(the drummer) in too much. Part of what made TTN so good was his amazing fills and basically everything else he did too. I would love to hear them get back to the sound that they started with when AG was in the band, screams and such. AG was important but he wasn't everything good about the band. I'm going to remain hopeful about Saosin, they are all good musicians. Just hoping they can still write and maybe be inspired to regress to 2003 for an album

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos