Username
Password
Myspace News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 43.
12:51 PM on 11/19/12
saywhatever
User Info.
What can it do that Spotify can't?

Out of curiosity...not being a smartass.
They essentially do the same, but no commercials on Rdio is nice. The design is much sleeker imo. The mobile app is better.
12:52 PM on 11/19/12
saywhatever
User Info.
Actually I am excited for this. They seem to actually have made a solid leap forward for once
12:55 PM on 11/19/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
They essentially do the same, but no commercials on Rdio is nice. The design is much sleeker imo. The mobile app is better.
aah, ok. I guess the commercial thing doesn't affect me because I have a premium account. I love the Spotify Mobile app, but I haven't checked out rdio. Perhaps I should! Thanks.
01:11 PM on 11/19/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Only thing stopping me from liking this is the pain of jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon. I'm pretty content with the people I have on Facebook and the music I get on Spotify.
01:19 PM on 11/19/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
I'm with you Timberlake, LETS DO THIS.

HELL YES !!
Purchased for only $35 Million ?!?!
Its primed for success.
01:19 PM on 11/19/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.

Web player (although spotify has that in the works). Developer API that supports playback. Recommendations based on what your friends are listening to.

On the other hand, Spotify supporting playback of non-spotify tracks is a big plus for them. But overall Rdio is a more social-friendly service.
01:20 PM on 11/19/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Myspace may be garbage now, but I think they'll be quite the hit once they launch new.myspace.com.

http://vimeo.com/50071857 The site looks pretty excellent, clean & sleek. Facebook looks outdated in comparison...
i kinda disagree. facebook is simplified enough to get content across quickly, but different enough to be noticed as "facebook". there's definitely some UI problems, but i think overall, facebook wins. myspace looks like they went through microsoft's brand guidelines and lifted a few things, and tried to jam everything on one page. looks web 2.0 now, but in the future it'll be outdated. but i'll give it to myspace for going for the vertical scrolling route to help the boom of tablets... and i could change my opinion once i get to click around on the new myspace

theres so much negative connotations with the name "myspace", i think they should just rename and start again. they've tried so hard to relaunch so many times, i don't think it's worth it.
01:27 PM on 11/19/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
Facebook, from a design standpoint is horrible mate. Horrible. Also everything around now will look outdated in the future, retarded argument.
01:27 PM on 11/19/12
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
User Info.
Umm.... So, unsigned artists or what? Do they think artists are just gonna give them their music to stream for free without paying royalties if they became a service like that? Because that's not how it works for any other service... And I can't imagine "50%" of artists being cool with that.

They were fine with it back in the day. The only difference now is that the free music that the artist uploads can be streamed to people who werent searching for it. I can't even get our music on pandora because we don't have a major distribution deal.
01:39 PM on 11/19/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.

Rdio can be run on a computer without a program. Spotify can't. Perfect for people who can't install things on their work computer.
01:47 PM on 11/19/12
projectmayhem16
keep cool but care
User Info.
So they found another thing to fail at, congrats.
01:56 PM on 11/19/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They were fine with it back in the day. The only difference now is that the free music that the artist uploads can be streamed to people who werent searching for it. I can't even get our music on pandora because we don't have a major distribution deal.

But, in order for it to compete with those bigger ones it's gonna have to have just as much quality music. Not just playing a bunch of random bands crappy demos. Artists aren't just gonna jump at that when we're getting paid at least something for Spotify or Pandora.

Also, you can be distributed by Amazon to get on Pandora. You just have to have all the requirements (CDs, rights, the numbers, etc.) and pay an annual fee to do it basically. Keeps random cbands from all just putting their stuff on Pandora.
02:03 PM on 11/19/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
I kind of doubt that this will happen.
02:07 PM on 11/19/12
NationalProduct
User Info.
the new beta is SIIIICK! wait till you guys see it, makes facebook look like friendster
02:53 PM on 11/19/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
MySpace's legacy will be the fact that they revolutionized social networking and cyberbullying.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS