Username
Password
Warped Tour News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 70.
11:03 PM on 11/19/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Neither are Every Time I Die, Underoath, etc... It's not like only scenecore bands (dumb term btw) can play warped. That's really the only crowd that's gonna take them in.
Yeah, but ETID and Underoath can't/couldn't draw for shit. These are bands that went from playing to '0000s every night to '000s and Warped is/was a good way for them to still play to huge crowds. BMTH on the other hand are more or less at the top of their popularity AND they're apparently going for a new sound. I woulda thought that they'd wanna have a huge headliner where they could have a show with all the theatrics and pick specific openers and kinda go all out, especially considering they've been more or less under the radar for the last year or so.

I can't complain because like I said, this might be the only time I'd pay the ticket price to see this band, but I mean, I was under the impression that BMTH were trying to distance themselves and do their own shit.
11:07 PM on 11/19/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
ok admittedly I havent listened to them recently. But then what tour should they do? what bands do they tour with? what fans would latch onto them?

The only answer i see is Warped tour. Its not like theyll ever play Coachella or Lollapalooza, or tour with the 'cooler' metal bands ala Converge.
I'm sure BMTH has/will offer Converge an opening spot on a tour, but I'm also positive that Converge would turn that down. If we're talking about supporting tours, I could see them opening for Linkin Park or Slipknot, or Maiden, one of the arena-metal bands. For openers, I'd imagine they'd bring out the other "bigger" numetalcore bands like Parkway, TDWP, Pierce the Veil or whatever.

Also KAZI, BMTH is still scene haha any change will be purely image, and maybe some atmospheric synths to make it "post rock".
11:09 PM on 11/19/12
currydots
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i wanted this band to be in the line up :'(
11:11 PM on 11/19/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Yeah, but ETID and Underoath can't/couldn't draw for shit. These are bands that went from playing to '0000s every night to '000s and Warped is/was a good way for them to still play to huge crowds. BMTH on the other hand are more or less at the top of their popularity AND they're apparently going for a new sound. I woulda thought that they'd wanna have a huge headliner where they could have a show with all the theatrics and pick specific openers and kinda go all out, especially considering they've been more or less under the radar for the last year or so.

I can't complain because like I said, this might be the only time I'd pay the ticket price to see this band, but I mean, I was under the impression that BMTH were trying to distance themselves and do their own shit.
Opting to do a big headlining tour over Warped isn't the same as distancing yourself from the warped scene. The people who would attend their headliner are the same people (for the most part) who would attend next year's Warped. Aside from their popularity increasing their fanbase is still essentially the same, their sound is still one that fits really well with the Warped scene.
11:14 PM on 11/19/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
The following are bands I've come up with who are pretty much playing Warped:

August Burns Red (Main Stage)
Bring Me The Horizon (Main Stage)
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
Enter Shikari (Main Stage)
Forever Came Calling
Hawthorne Heights
I See Stars
Issues
letlive.
Like Moths To Flames
Memphis May Fire (Main Stage)
Middle Finger Salute
Motion City Soundtrack
No Bragging Rights
Sleeping With Sirens (Main Stage)
Stick To Your Guns
The Acacia Strain
The Story So Far
The Used (Main Stage)
Veil of Maya
We Came As Romans (Main Stage)
11:42 PM on 11/19/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
As much as I loved their last album, I will not be seeing them. Saw them once and it was such a shitty performance it was unreal.
01:27 AM on 11/20/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Every time I've seen these guys, they have killed it.
01:52 AM on 11/20/12
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I will definitely avoid their set. I saw them once and it was an awful show.
whatttt
01:53 AM on 11/20/12
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As much as I loved their last album, I will not be seeing them. Saw them once and it was such a shitty performance it was unreal.
yeah right mr. balloon hands
01:54 AM on 11/20/12
moneymaker.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Every time I've seen these guys, they have killed it.
this.
02:51 AM on 11/20/12
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
The following are bands I've come up with who are pretty much playing Warped:

August Burns Red (Main Stage)
Bring Me The Horizon (Main Stage)
Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
Enter Shikari (Main Stage)
Forever Came Calling
Hawthorne Heights
I See Stars
Issues
letlive.
Like Moths To Flames
Memphis May Fire (Main Stage)
Middle Finger Salute
Motion City Soundtrack
No Bragging Rights
Sleeping With Sirens (Main Stage)
Stick To Your Guns
The Acacia Strain
The Story So Far
The Used (Main Stage)
Veil of Maya
We Came As Romans (Main Stage)
if this is true then it is shaping up to be a pretty good year so far.
03:45 AM on 11/20/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
i'm okay with this. If only they played a set with just songs from There Is A Hell.... and their new one, which sounds promising.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't want to try something new instead of Warped though.
03:47 AM on 11/20/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
There are a couple bands that were on the Monster stage that will be on Main this year. No big surprises haha.
I'm guessing For Today & Sleeping With Sirens. I want to say Title Fight but I doubt it. ):
03:49 AM on 11/20/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
I wish Kevin would get bands like Trash Talk, Defeater, Mountain Main, etc. to play, they can probably do well on Warped.

I'm still waiting for the "heavy" band list to include Cattle Decapitation.
04:40 AM on 11/20/12
PunkRawkStitch
User Info.
well there goes my hope for NOFX and Pennywise for Main Stage. Warped is a joke now.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums