Username
Password

11:47 AM on 11/20/12 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 30 Years Old
I love my job at Cartoon Network. I get to watch cartoons and play games all day while also doing fun design work. 100% serious.
01:05 PM on 11/20/12 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 30 Years Old
I've never hated anyone more than I hate you at this very moment.

I'm just saying that eventually it's worth it. I did 6.5 years at a really tough college and a lot of it while working at the same time. It eventually pays off if you work hard at something.
01:22 PM on 11/20/12 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 30 Years Old
Haha i hear ya, i was just kidding. I'm just finishing up my masters and have been working in a cubicle the last 5 years... i hope to have a job as cool as yours some time soon.

I'm in a cubicle too, but it's full of toys and a TV as well.
06:22 AM on 11/21/12 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 30 Years Old
Curious, what did you study for 6.5 years, and what do you do there?

I went to Georgia Tech and got my undergrad in Computational Media and my Masters in Human-Computer Interaction. I'm now a User Experience Architect that is responsible for the layouts, functionality, and overall user experience of the website, mobile sites, and some of our mobile games we're starting to put out.
06:26 AM on 11/21/12 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 30 Years Old
I am positively thrilled to hear that. I really want to be in the same position as you someday. But man, they know what they're talking about with the whole "patience is a virtue" thing. I can't wait to get to that place in my life!

I've only had 3 real jobs (defined as what I went to school to do). One I was at for 3.5 years, one for 5 months, and I've been at CN for 1.5 years. I obviously liked my first job and my current one. I hated the middle one. My advice is if you don't like your job do all you can to find something that you do like. However, don't make a habit out of jumping from one job to another as employers will look poorly on that and think you're never happy. Patience is part of the game but keep your out for other opportunities and make sure you work hard at your current job. Even if you hate it, working hard at what you do will show your work ethic and will pay off for you in the long run.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos