AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Featured Download: Life After Liftoff - "The Getaway"

Posted by - 08:28 AM on 11/23/12
It's Black Friday! So, we are offering an exclusive download of a new Life After Liftoff track called "The Getaway." Stream and download (right click, "save link as") it on their AP.net Profile or in the replies. The track comes from their upcoming EP, Brand New Life, which drops early next year.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
08:29 AM on 11/23/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Life After Liftoff - "The Getaway"
Download (right click, "save link as")

Press ReleaseLife After Liftoff, pop-punk band from Dayton, Ohio, consisting of, Lee Weiss (Singer, Guitar), Jason Sigritz (Bass, Backing Vocals), Ryan Chatterton (Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals, Keys), and Dan Malloy (Drums, Backing Vocals) have released a follow up track to uplifting single, "Brand New Life". Off their EP Brand New Life, "The Getaway" (http://bit.ly/T6FRGr) is a track about moving on, growing up and new beginnings. Lee Weiss recalls the moment he wrote "The Getaway":

"I remember how Getaway came to life, like it was yesterday. This was the second song that was written for Life After Liftoff right after my old band broke up. I was, for the first time, in five years on my own as a song writer and it was strange and difficult for me at first. I remember sitting there wondering, "What am I doing...What was I creating?" But I kept pushing forward. I was sitting on this beach, when this anthem of melodies, chants and verses were flooding my head. These thoughts turned into The Getaway. The whole song intertwines the idea of moving on, growing on your own, and about a relationship that has come crumbling down. This wasn't any relationship, but one that stood so beautifully. This song guided the formation and creation period of Life After Liftoff and holds a special place in my heart!" - Lee Weiss in a recent interview with AltSounds.com

As Life After Liftoff close out an impeccable 2012 year of Warped Tour appearances, Defeat The Label partnership, and new releases they have an even more impressive year ahead. The guys plan to tour all throughout the country to support their debut album Everything Is You out late spring. And to continue their anti-bullying efforts with Defeat The Label, the band will be traveling to New Mexico for their annual student council conference in February to speak about the importance of taking a stand against bullies.

“Life After Liftoff started with the idea that if you look around the world and you are in a bad place, you have the power to change the world around you. Our hope is that people walk away from our shows inspired and feel there is hope to make change in the world.”

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos