AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Broadway Calls Song Premiere +...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (11/27/12)
Today, we're pretty stoked to bring you details on Broadway Calls' upcoming No Sleep Records debut as well as premiering a new song from it. The band will release Comfort/Distraction on February 5th, 2013, and you can stream a new song, titled "Lucky Lighter," from it in the replies (or at the band's AP.net profile. "Lucky Lighter" is a slow-burn of a punk song featuring a fantastic chorus. More details about Comfort/Distraction can be found in the replies and you can pre-order it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
08:58 AM on 11/27/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Broadway Calls - "Lucky Lighter"

BROADWAY CALLS TO RELEASE NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN FEBRUARYPunk rock trio Broadway Calls will release their long awaited full-length album, Comfort/Distraction, in North America on February 5 via No Sleep Records. In anticipation, the band is premiering a new song, “Lucky Lighter,” today on AbsolutePunk.net. Fans can pre-order the new album starting today at https://www.nosleepstore.com/artist/broadway-calls.

Produced by Bill Stevenson (NOFX, Rise Against, Descendents) at legendary recording studio The Blasting Room in Ft. Collins, “Lucky Lighter” sets the pace for Comfort/Distraction’s up tempo pop-punk anthems with catchy choruses that beg for audience singalongs.

“With Comfort/Distraction, I think we have the best melodies and the best songwriting we've ever done,” says guitarist/vocalist Ty Vaughn. “This is actually the first Broadway Calls record that we've made as a band, as opposed to the past where it was just Josh and I in the practice space together. Having someone as talented as Adam be an equal part of things was incredible during the entire writing/recording process.”

It’s been three long years since the release of their sophomore album, Good Views, Bad News, which found the band labeless and without a budget to record a follow-up at the end of its cycle. Armed with determination and confidence in their new songs, Broadway Calls would eventually find a new home amongst a burgeoning roster of like-minded bands at No Sleep Records to release their best album to date.

“One week before we were scheduled to go into the studio, we found out that we didn't have a label anymore, and therefore didn't have any money to make a record,” explains Vaughn. “What followed was one of the most stressful 24 hour periods we've ever experienced as a band. But, as frustrated as we were, we knew we still had to make this record because these were the best songs we've ever written, and we weren't about to let it all go to waste. A few amazing people still believed in us enough to help us make it happen and after two years of writing, and two weeks in the Blasting Room, we made the best Broadway Calls record yet.”

“At the end of the two weeks in the studio, I listened to the final mix and really felt like I had just graduated from something,” Vaughn adds. “Can't wait for everyone to hear these songs.”

Stay tuned to https://www.facebook.com/broadwaycalls and for news and updates regarding Comfort/Distraction.

###

Track Listing:
1. Bring On The Storm
2. Open Letter
3. Minus One
4. Lucky Lighter
5. Surrounded By Ghosts
6. Zombie World
7. Wildly Swinging
8. I’ll Be There
9. Stealing Sailboats
10. Life Is Rhythm
11. Full Of Hope

For More Information:
https://www.facebook.com/broadwaycalls
https://twitter.com/broadwaycalls
http://nosleeprecords.com/
09:06 AM on 11/27/12
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Sweet. Looking forward to this greatly.
09:07 AM on 11/27/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
awesome band
09:09 AM on 11/27/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
This is awesome. Broadway Calls rules. I'm stoked to finally hear some new music and I hope it does awesome things for them.
09:15 AM on 11/27/12
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
Digging the new song. I feel really fortunate to have such a talented band from the local area. I've seen them 15+ times and they always bring it live. Some of the nicest dudes I've ever met as well. Hopefully they announce a Portland show soon for the record release, I've missed them the last two times they've played here and need my Broadway Calls fix. Also, February 5th is going to be an amazing day. New Silverstein and Broadway Calls albums on the same day!
09:38 AM on 11/27/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
This band is awesome and this record will be a great early-year release.
09:38 AM on 11/27/12
FueledByFrodo
@alexmnorthrup/@inorganicrecs
User Info.
Wow, a lot more melodic than older stuff, I'm really digging it.
09:51 AM on 11/27/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This is really great, these guys were one of my favorite bands when Good Views came out. They kinda fell apart and stopped coming around once Matt left

It's good to see them come back on an awesome label with what's probably going to be their best album
09:53 AM on 11/27/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Really reall excited for this album. Still love Good Views, Bad News
10:03 AM on 11/27/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Decent song, looking forward to hearing the whole thing.
10:10 AM on 11/27/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Can't listen to this right now but I'm sure it's awesome.
10:17 AM on 11/27/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
This band is awesome and this record will be a great early-year release.
yes!
Decent song, looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

it's a nice change of pace on the record, I think it fits a lot better within the context of the entire album
10:39 AM on 11/27/12
Stephin_DC
Registered Member
User Info.
I really like the slight aggression coming from his vocals, way more powerful than before
Everything this band has done is incredibly solid but this is really promising
11:38 AM on 11/27/12
meekers
has been here longer than you
User Info.
This song is really good.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives