AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Drama News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 160.
04:54 AM on 11/29/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Not a big fan of Macklemore, but...seriously? Fuck that shit.
04:59 AM on 11/29/12
oakhurst
It Didn't Have To Be This Way
User Info.

this is a top contender for one of the dumbest things i've ever seen posted on this site
05:07 AM on 11/29/12
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
I'd just like to say that our Math teacher in sophomore year once allowed us to listen to Lil Wayne on youtube after our test. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
05:29 AM on 11/29/12
gloriousmuse
you've left me speechless
User Info.
never heard of this song before but damn, that video and song are powerful.
05:32 AM on 11/29/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
The discussion on the top comments of this video on Youtube is sickening me. I seriously can't stand anymore those kinds of debates...let people do whatever they want. And that's it. As long as they're not forced into doing anything, and what they decide is best for them doesn't hurt others, it's ok. We don't need laws or religion for this. Everyone needs to be free to love and be happy. Free of judgement and prejudice, and lately I don't see this happening a lot of times. Too many people judging and criticizing.

There's a movement going on throughout the streets of Brazil nowadays, where people are randomly tagging the phrase "Mais amor, por favor" ("More love, please") in streets and public places. And I think that's the message. It doesn't matter what you believe in, or what you do with your life. Just remember to love and that's it. Be kind towards other people. Stop the hate.
05:34 AM on 11/29/12
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
What a stupid situation.

On a side note, The Heist is my favorite record of the year. At least this whole thing will bring more attention to the topic at hand and give Macklemore/Ryan Lewis more exposure.
05:35 AM on 11/29/12
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
Lame. Great song though. At least the publicity around it will most likely cause more attention and awareness towards what Ben is talking about.
What up dude! Randomly just saw your name on here!
05:37 AM on 11/29/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I'm assuming by the title that it is a song about gays or lesbians.

Regardless, teachers need to keep their political views out of the classroom.
05:45 AM on 11/29/12
ValleyForge
User Info.
This isn't a political statement, but that song is really not that good.

The music is nice and so is the melody, but the lyrics? They are very base. If this song wasn't about homosexuality but was instead about...someone's family...people would either a) not care or b) bash the lyrics for being simple.
05:49 AM on 11/29/12
radiofriendly
stachy destroyer
User Info.
administrations defense was that this was considered controversial material. I would think that had the teacher allowed a song with religious or even anti-gay sentiments that incited complaints from the student body, it would have warranted a similar penalty. Whatever the opinion on this is it seems as though this was aligned with school policy.
06:02 AM on 11/29/12
Upstart
User Info.
lol straights
06:03 AM on 11/29/12
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
thank you
06:03 AM on 11/29/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
This.

We were exposed to waaaaay more graphic shit than that in school at that age. That's a really great song, too.
And this.

I'm assuming by the title that it is a song about gays or lesbians.

Regardless, teachers need to keep their political views out of the classroom.
And kind of this. I agree that a teacher's political views need to stay out of the classroom (at least for 8th graders), but at the same time, there are a lot of political views that are shown and allowed that shouldn't be, so why make this the exception, especially when it's more pushing for love and tolerance than pushing a political view? It doesn't feel right that this is the one exception to teachers being able to ignore holding back their religious and political views.

I dunno. It shouldn't be an issue mainly because being gay shouldn't be a political issue at all, it's how some people are and should be accepted as that. It's sad that it IS a political issue in the first place.
06:06 AM on 11/29/12
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
Please don't lump us all in like that. I'm a devout Christian and think this is ridiculous.
06:07 AM on 11/29/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
This is great publicity.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music