Username
Password
AP.net Reviews News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Reviews
Inside AP.net

Consequential Apathy: Killing Yourself to Live

Posted by: Drew Beringer (11/29/12)
Update: I just got off the phone with Cathy Pellow. I will be moving to L.A. in January to work for Sargent House. - AP

Whoa, why is Drew Beringer posting this week's "Consequential Apathy" column? Where's Adam? Well, as of today, Adam Pfleider has decided to take a break from AbsolutePunk.net and writing in general and I wanted this space so I could wish him well. Adam is one of the most passionate, genuine, and hard-working music fans I've ever encountered during my time at AbsolutePunk.net. Whether you agreed with him or not, he definitely believed in good music prevailing and engage all of us in fantastic debates. I'm very sad to see Adam go and I'll miss these weekly columns, but we at AbsolutePunk.net wish him the very best in his future endeavors and will welcome him back anytime with open arms. So without further ado, you can read the final "Consequential Apathy" article here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41.
02:17 AM on 11/29/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Good perspective about the industry that most people will never even begin to understand.

Best of luck Adam.
03:15 AM on 11/29/12
InfiniteArms
Best Western Beat
User Info.
Good luck for whatever you want to do in the future Adam!!
03:40 AM on 11/29/12
raquelpauline
User Info.
Drew, just so you know, the link sends you to the comments of the column, not the column itself.
Also, great read, as always. Good luck, Adam.
05:32 AM on 11/29/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Good luck, man!
05:44 AM on 11/29/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
awww i liked adam. always a good dude.

i like drew tho too, as long as we don't discuss sports.

- Gunz
05:58 AM on 11/29/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
06:31 AM on 11/29/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Good luck Adam.
06:42 AM on 11/29/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Awww, Consequential Apathy was my favorite. Definitely understand it though. Good luck Adam!
06:45 AM on 11/29/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Killing Yourself to Live is a great fucking book
07:54 AM on 11/29/12
hiya
User Info.
great read, as always. Best of luck with everything Adam!
07:55 AM on 11/29/12
harveyn590
User Info.
farewell Adam, love reading your stuff and you have good taste. my favorite absolute voice you might say.
08:04 AM on 11/29/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
farewell Adam, love reading your stuff and you have good taste. my favorite absolute voice you might say.
AbsolutePfleider
08:26 AM on 11/29/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.

"Barney's movie had heart, but 'Football in the Groin' had a football in the groin"
08:32 AM on 11/29/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
Like I said from the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone for the support, arguments, discussions, kind words, harsh words, etc.

Be sure to continue following my blog, every now and again I may find some time to write something or maybe something in this industry will piss me off and I'll go off about it.

I wish I could tell you all the opportunity that's been presented to me just days after deciding to step down from the site, but like I said in the column, it's an offer and not finalized yet, but I'll know as early as next week and will let you all know for sure (because I've been excited ever since I got the e-mail.) If you know me and what I love and who I love, this is what's next for me.

Life moves pretty fast sometimes, and as someone who suffers anxiety, depression and self-doubt, know that determination wins over all.

Keep me in your thoughts, I really hope to get that tour management job for Falling in Reverse...shit, I've said too much.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS