Username
Password

02:47 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
Bronx, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Dude gets a bad rap. I used to be one of the many who ragged on him, but then I saw Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call: New Orleans, and my perception of him changed completely. Not that I necessarily think he's a "great" actor now, at least not in the usual sense of the word (though some, like Roger Ebert, certainly think he is), but it seems clear to me now that Cage knows exactly what he's doing when he's on-screen. He knows how ridiculous and hilariously absurd he comes off a lot of the time, with his crazy hair, unrealistic romances, overzealous character portrayal, and so on, and he embraces the ridiculousness. And I think it works in making him endlessly entertaining. I can't recall a single movie in which I was bored by Cage's performance. Yes, he's been in some horrendous movies, but I think they often were terrible due to the script more than anything else, and that they actually were dramatically improved by Cage being in them - even if just through his absurdity. I've actually developed somewhat of an obsession with Cage recently. I have not yet seen a movie with him that I haven't enjoyed in some capacity, even if it was terrible in many/all respects. I remember once I saw a list of Cages movies, and, even if the movie sucked, they still included it with a blurb titled "So Cage it's good?"; I think that really sums up the appeal of Nic Cage. He's not the most traditionally talented actor, and he might even be a shitty actor, but regardless he's still fun to watch.

Does anyone else share my love for Cage?

10:53 PM on 11/29/12 
User Info.
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
Bronx, NY
Male - 23 Years Old

i desperately need to see this.
12:09 PM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
Bronx, NY
Male - 23 Years Old

holy shit, is this real? it would go well in the man cave.
04:42 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
Bronx, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
I also don't know why does he chooses to star in every shitty film there is, but well, I find it funny. there's nothing who does that kind of stuff!

agreed. kind of reminds of samuel l. jackson in that regard; he does every single shitty movie anyone offers him, and he's always the best part of it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets