Username
Password
Billy Talent News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 37 of 37.
10:00 PM on 11/30/12
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.
It's hard for me to say. It's been ages since Sum 41 toured their home country and I don't feel like their last two records have gone over as well. Billy Talent is definitely more commercially successful at this point, all the singles from Dead Silence have gotten heavy rotation on radio stations up here.
i honestly don't think there's a chance sum 41 would sell out an arena out as a headliner. not even in toronto which is relatively big and sort of their closest to "home" arena
02:11 AM on 12/01/12
bassbeat77
the easy kill
User Info.
Would have considered going to this if it wasn't an arena tour.
10:00 AM on 12/01/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
i honestly don't think there's a chance sum 41 would sell out an arena out as a headliner. not even in toronto which is relatively big and sort of their closest to "home" arena

I agree, though I think my answer sort of hinted at that conclusion. It's just hard for me to say because I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm lucky to go to 6 shows each year, haha. Plus, the only reason I thought that they might be able to do an arena is because they were scheduled to headline the MTS Centre after Underclass Hero came out. Interesting to hear they've never headlined an arena in Toronto.
08:13 PM on 12/01/12
1993mic
User Info.
I know they did some really small shows last year or the one before in Quebec, like the very popular Festivent in my hometown of St-Jean Chrysostome, where they probably drew close to two thousand people. Times have changed.
I was at the Sum 41 show when they came for the Festivent. It was quite a good show. There's always at least one or two shows each year I'm interested to see in the 5 nights of the festival.
08:16 PM on 12/01/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I was at the Sum 41 show when they came for the Festivent. It was quite a good show. There's always at least one or two shows each year I'm interested to see in the 5 nights of the festival.
Really? Haha, I left quite a couple years ago (although my folks still live a street away from it) but the last time I remember going there as a kid, there wasn't any cover charge to get it.
08:20 AM on 12/02/12
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.
I agree, though I think my answer sort of hinted at that conclusion. It's just hard for me to say because I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm lucky to go to 6 shows each year, haha. Plus, the only reason I thought that they might be able to do an arena is because they were scheduled to headline the MTS Centre after Underclass Hero came out. Interesting to hear they've never headlined an arena in Toronto.

I have no clue if they have in the past.... It's possible. I find pop-punk acts (The bigger ones) usually play at molson amphitheatre which seats around 16 000 (thanks Wikipedia) and that's comparable to the ACC. The sounds is awful there though.
10:28 AM on 12/03/12
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music