Username
Password

11:45 AM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm not totally familiar with this situation or the potential drug, but coming from someone who is currently studying pharmacy, the FDA and its regulations are disgustingly inefficient. They can't even ensure safety of products anymore (i.e. the Meningitis breakout from the compounding pharmacy in Massachusetts), let alone perform research on potentially life-changing medications. Like it was said above, a lot of it has to do with the profitability of the pharmaceutical market and a decrease in that if everyone were completely healthy. It's actually sad.
08:48 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
JZebrak57
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
What would you have the FDA do in regards to independent pharmacies compounding? I'm not sure you completely understand the role of the FDA considering your next sentence.
Well the acts committed by the Massachusetts pharmacy were less like an independent pharmacy and more like a manufacturer. That's the problem. They don't have enough regulations regarding that matter to ensure the safety of patients involved in mass production in a compounding pharmacy. Something like 17,000 vials of the spinal injection were produced by the company. Doesn't sound like an "independent pharmacy" to me. But that's a conversation for a different day lol.
08:57 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
JZebrak57
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Haha believe me, as someone who has been sick for years, and who has a family friend who had cancer, I'm aware of all of this. It really is sickening. There are so many amazing possibilities out there |=\. Insurance companies also like to avoid paying for Lyme disease patients' antibiotics, too. Dunno why, but they prefer to wait until you're in a wheelchair or in a mental house from neurological decay because drugs are "too expensive". I was on IV antibiotic treatment for a bit and was getting noticeably better, but naw, Blue Cross Blue Shield says it wasn't necessary, so here I am two years later back at square one. Maybe I'll go buy a cow xD.
I'm very sorry to hear that, man. I hope everything works out. A cow sounds like a great investment for you hahaha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos