Username
Password

11:52 AM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
I'll tell ya what... the cancer cure keeps getting suppressed because that means the American Cancer Society would be out of the business. The ACS CEO makes big bucks so there is no incentive for finding a cure for cancer. It's all about moolah. No more cancer equals no more cold hard cash. Let the naive gullible public believe that there is hope for a cure by suggesting monetary donations will lead to a cure. Pfft... suckas! Non-profit charities = big business! It's all about the long con.

I figure you're being sarcastic but there is some truth to this. There is a ton of money in current medical cancer treatments.
12:05 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
Pennsylvania
Male
haha, I shouldn't have even said anything.
01:24 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
Pennsylvania
Male
The amount of money to be made from a cancer cure would be astronomical, I would imagine. Any company sitting on a cure would seem to be forfeiting an ungodly amount of money to keep up a perceived "racket". Then again, maybe they saw I Am Legend and got cold feet.

You're ignoring the hospitals, radiation tech companies, and huge amounts of various pharmaceuticals. It also depends on what the cure would be. If its just a pill or single surgery for instance, it would be minuscule compared to what it costs to treat today. In fact its hard to imagine a cure that would come anywhere near what it costs on as a whole today. And I don't think anyone is saying that anyone is sitting on a cure, I think people are saying that alternative treatments are being both underfunded and unfairly prejudiced by the system. Even if some people are exaggerating that I think its true enough.
01:34 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
Pennsylvania
Male
I can see that. We should abolish the FDA and the Department of Agriculture, or at least severely limit the power they have to stop these sort of alternative endeavors.

Well at the same time I think we do need regulation in the area because people with something like cancer may be prone to be duped for a lot of money by some scam procedure. Haha, I know I'm kind of speaking out of both sides of my mouth here but I've been studying health policy a lot this semester and its made me a cynic of the system we have, but I really think we should have a system.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos