AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:09 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
Simulcast
All farewells are sudden
Male - 28 Years Old
Maybe because they regulate our drugs and determine drug classes... they prevent humans from being poisoned and addicted haha it is highly necessary, ours is just corrupt

It is corrupt by nature. That's my point and that's why I think it should be abolished in its current form.
05:10 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
It is corrupt by nature. That's my point and that's why I think it should be abolished in its current form.

In its current form, okay, I can agree with this for sure man. But it would need to be replaced with something. It can't just be abolished and have nothing else come into place. It'd be highly unsafe.
05:12 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
TK
Abstract Thinker
Oklahoma
Male - 24 Years Old
Why? Would companies suddenly start poisoning their products? How well did the FDA perform its function during the recent outbreak of meningitis in vaccines?

The amount of deception and risk taking would increase ten folds immediately. Again, the FDA is NOT involved in regulating individual compounding of pharmacies but rather MANUFACTURERS. The FDA plays a role not only in the drug approval process, but also post-marketing surveillance and advertising as well as much more.

Do you have any idea the process a drug takes to make it to the market?
Is this always a good thing? No. Does it have cons? Yes. But it would just be foolish to remove a system that is in place to ensure safety and efficacy of medications.
05:12 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
Simulcast
All farewells are sudden
Male - 28 Years Old
The amount of deception and risk taking would increase ten folds immediately. Again, the FDA is NOT involved in regulating individual compounding of pharmacies but rather MANUFACTURERS. The FDA plays a role not only in the drug approval process, but also post-marketing surveillance and advertising as well as much more.

Do you have any idea the process a drug takes to make it to the market?
Is this always a good thing? No. Does it have cons? Yes. But it would just be foolish to remove a system that is in place to ensure safety and efficacy of medications.

In its current form, okay, I can agree with this for sure man. But it would need to be replaced with something. It can't just be abolished and have nothing else come into place. It'd be highly unsafe.

Non-profit organization like the BBB would be favorable.
08:19 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
perceptrons
[ ]
Why? Would companies suddenly start poisoning their products? How well did the FDA perform its function during the recent outbreak of meningitis in vaccines?
In response to what happened, all compounding pharmacies are being ridiculous strict about all their procedures now.
08:23 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
perceptrons
[ ]
Non-profit organization like the BBB would be favorable.
How so? They have no actual power to protect.
08:48 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
What would you have the FDA do in regards to independent pharmacies compounding? I'm not sure you completely understand the role of the FDA considering your next sentence.
Well the acts committed by the Massachusetts pharmacy were less like an independent pharmacy and more like a manufacturer. That's the problem. They don't have enough regulations regarding that matter to ensure the safety of patients involved in mass production in a compounding pharmacy. Something like 17,000 vials of the spinal injection were produced by the company. Doesn't sound like an "independent pharmacy" to me. But that's a conversation for a different day lol.
08:57 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
Haha believe me, as someone who has been sick for years, and who has a family friend who had cancer, I'm aware of all of this. It really is sickening. There are so many amazing possibilities out there |=\. Insurance companies also like to avoid paying for Lyme disease patients' antibiotics, too. Dunno why, but they prefer to wait until you're in a wheelchair or in a mental house from neurological decay because drugs are "too expensive". I was on IV antibiotic treatment for a bit and was getting noticeably better, but naw, Blue Cross Blue Shield says it wasn't necessary, so here I am two years later back at square one. Maybe I'll go buy a cow xD.
I'm very sorry to hear that, man. I hope everything works out. A cow sounds like a great investment for you hahaha.
04:33 AM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
That's one reason. The other is that government agencies are inherently wasteful. It would be much better if the FDA functioned as a non-profit organization like the Better Business Bureau.

07:19 AM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
crackedthesky
cause when I fly solo I fly so high
Gladstone, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
In this thread I learned if something sometimes fails to do its job, you should just eliminate it entirely.
01:03 PM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
Sanzen
Ricocheting
Dayton
Male
Imagine what sort of diseases we could cure if we were to perform that same experiment on a human.
01:14 PM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Imagine what sort of diseases we could cure if we were to perform that same experiment on a human.

AIDS?
01:21 PM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Wilmington, DE
Male - 26 Years Old
In this thread I learned if something sometimes fails to do its job, you should just eliminate it entirely.

And only point out the times it fails, not the numerous things it does successfully
05:29 PM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
knash9
Registered Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 20 Years Old
Congress is corrupt. Shouldn't we just let Barack run the country.
06:22 PM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Congress is corrupt. Shouldn't we just let Barack run the country.

I honestly believe that would make the country much worse haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version