AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:05 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
FuckT41182
Slovakia
Male - 21 Years Old
hh, download some Linux distribution for free, Ubuntu is kinda easy to handle, you will save an awul load of money and Ubuntu is fully capable of executing all the actions that you want it to manage.
06:44 AM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
FuckT41182
Slovakia
Male - 21 Years Old
Come on guys. I use Ubuntu all day, every day and I love it, but even I wouldn't recommend it for the casual user.
Are you implying that he wouldn't be capable of using it for the stuff that he said he wants to use his OS for or that he wouldn't be able to work with Ubuntu properly ? I think that Ubuntu is really easy to work with, my uncle and his wife are using Ubuntu, I installed the OS and every additional SW they wanted me to install, now they are happily using Ubuntu even though their skills with computers are extremely low.

The only problem was that I forgot that Ubuntu can easily work with ZIP files, but to be able to work with RARS, you have to write a little line in the terminal, I fixed that afterwards and there has been no complaint from my uncle and his wife ever since.

I checked the list the OP posted here, Ubuntu would easily execute all of it and it wouldn't require any special skills to get it going...
02:33 AM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
FuckT41182
Slovakia
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm saying he probably wouldn't like it, not that he's incapable. Of course Ubuntu can do everything he would want it to, but it wouldn't be as simple an experience. iTunes would be a pain, LibreOffice sucks, and gaming isn't as good.

If there's a problem, and there will probably be something, having to jump into the command-line for a non-technical user isn't good. Not everyone has a you or I around to help them, they just want everything to work.
Yeah, I get what you say, but his expactations for his OS don't include gaming, maybe just a bit of it, but I agree that if he does want to play, it would be a real pain in the ass to get it going on Ubuntu. I Tunes would be manageable I presume.

And as I said, if you install it correctly and he won't change his expectations any time soon, Ubuntu can work for him. And then, when he needs to install something new, it is not as hard as you portray it to be. There is Ubuntu SW Center, most things you can do right from there.

And also, you are saying that Windows has absolutely no issues ? No problems will occur ? I switched to Ubuntu because of Windows having too many issues, I spent too much time fixing shit and adjusting it to my needs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos